IGNORED

Datsun Parts LLC - gone to the dark side?

Zed Head

Good luck.  Seriously.  It would be great to have a good solid vendor for this market.  You're one of the few, so you can milk it until it dies or build it up strong.

Amen to that! 

Would be nice to hear from members that have had good results with Datsunparts LLC.

After years of reading about forum members' negative experiences with Datsunparts LLC, it's going to take more than the business owner telling us about his wonderful services and pleased customers to change opinions. Perhaps some of those happy customers will chime in and add a little credibility to the claims. That would go a long way toward image enhancement and maybe change perceptions.

Dennis

Rossi seemed to come out okay once it was clear that there was a problem.  The question is whether the new products, produced now, are correct and properly checked before sale, or if the same problems are being shipped and only fixed if there's a complaint.  Proactive versus reactive.

There's a member out there right now with an issue.  Let's see how it turns out.

The old saying is when someone is pissed they tell 1000 people and when they are happy they tell 2. In the age of the internet when you have a bad experience, everyone wants to blast that vendor on-line and in the forums.

We make mistakes just like anyone else, some are normal, some are excessive, none are acceptable. However we always address them and do what we can to make it right. In some cases we are too far apart in acceptable resolutions, we have to work within a reasonable limit, warranty and I evaluate each case individually. 

However with over 11,000 ebay transactions and thousands more with our website, I am confident that the reason customers shop with us is because of value, availability, and a reputation for selling rare, unique, and quality parts.

I want to turn negative feedback into a positive by engaging in a constructive way and showing that we are a caring genuine business.

I have try to respond to the comments in a pleasant and helpful way. Of course, that’s not easy to do when you pour your life into a business and someone bashes it on-line. Your immediate impulse is to return fire, so in those cases its best I not respond at all. Anyway, I appreciate the chance to express our position and hope it encourages anyone with doubts to give us an opportunity to serve you with your Datsun Parts needs.

Al,  I have meet you, talked with you....you had a great time at the convention last August in San Diego, I heard nothing negative about you at the convention, so I am going to take you at your word.  We all have business transactions where someone feels like they are not getting what they pay for or want more than you can provide.  I wish you the best in your business; and hopefully some guys take you up on your offer. 

That's life.  Most people have to pay for past actions, mistakes or not.

If you want to be proactive, reply to the members here who had problems and show that those errors are gone.  There are at least two.

And by the way, there are at least two engine build vendors that get good reviews on this forum on a fairly regular basis.  So it is possible to build a good reputation.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If Al is willing to give me 100% money back i will send him back the engine he sold me.

It have about 1500 miles on it and cilinder one is on leak test  90% cilinder 2  30%

3456 are more normal but not hurray top notch.

When i talked to him the worst phrase i had was  "it is mecanic it will fail". Well

we all know that mecanic will fail but we all know that these engine are realy

reliable and that they will last very long if they are rebuild OK. problems

on the very first 1000 miles is not normal. If Al would be in Canada I would

bring this in court and win a refund by what is called here (free translation)

Implied waranty witch is a minimum that a product should give. So If Al read

this and call me I will be glad to remove that engine and return it to Him

even if it will cost me $300 shipping to send it.  I use to have tumbs up

driving my car. Now i am embarrased by this blue smoke that it makes.

I am not sure if i will be rebuilding this rebuilt or rebuild the one i had.

By the way 30days for an engine that will go in a car that most probably

will be like mine a fun drive that goes out only in the summer nice weekends

never hits rain etc. Warranty if installed by a certified mechanic. Most

of Datsun owners do there mecanic themself. I actualy installed the engine myself

at the end of the season so the car did a test drive in the first 30 days that

is it. took 5 months before winter ends. and i realyse the poor build i bought.

Jean-Philippe

If Al is willing to give me 100% money back i will send him back the engine he sold me.

It have about 1500 miles on it and cilinder one is on leak test  90% cilinder 2  30%

3456 are more normal but not hurray top notch.

When i talked to him the worst phrase i had was  "it is mecanic it will fail". Well

we all know that mecanic will fail but we all know that these engine are realy

reliable and that they will last very long if they are rebuild OK. problems

on the very first 1000 miles is not normal. If Al would be in Canada I would

bring this in court and win a refund by what is called here (free translation)

Implied waranty witch is a minimum that a product should give. So If Al read

this and call me I will be glad to remove that engine and return it to Him

even if it will cost me $300 shipping to send it.  I use to have tumbs up

driving my car. Now i am embarrased by this blue smoke that it makes.

I am not sure if i will be rebuilding this rebuilt or rebuild the one i had.

By the way 30days for an engine that will go in a car that most probably

will be like mine a fun drive that goes out only in the summer nice weekends

never hits rain etc. Warranty if installed by a certified mechanic. Most

of Datsun owners do there mecanic themself. I actualy installed the engine myself

at the end of the season so the car did a test drive in the first 30 days that

is it. took 5 months before winter ends. and i realyse the poor build i bought.

Jean-Philippe

Did you retorque the head bolts? Maybe they forgot to torque them to spec.

My personal belief would be not to trust Al Allen under any circumstances. I think he just talks a good game and seldom follows up with sales that have gone wrong. His name comes up on Facebook at a somewhat regular pace and it's seldom good. I personally had to get PayPal involved to get my money back on a $150 transaction. If your on his good side he is your best buddy but if you have any problem no matter how small, it will turn into a major headache. Most of what he sells is either still available thru Nissan or other suppliers for far less. For me,,, it's just not worth taking the chance with him.