IGNORED

It Ain't Running Right!

Reverend

If I have read all the posts in this thread correctly. The car ran properly and had been tuned last summer. Dizzy broke and got replaced and problem showed up. If that is the case, then start at the dizzy and don't move on until you are 100% sure that timing, advance and spark are totally correct.

Charles

• Like 1

Yes. I'd do that but my brand new timing light wont work >:I Well i gotta get refund and get another one. And yes, i agree its gettin too much fuel. Those sparkplug holes were soaking wet.. Should i lean out the idle jets or try to tinker with floats? I do not have any float gauge or whatsoever.

Edited by Reverend

You can dial back the idle enrichment screws to get a good a/f at idle and have clean plugs when idling.

But if the fuel level is too high or the jets are too big then once off idle, the car will still be rich.

Try a few plug cuts at different loads to see what plugs (a/f) is off idle:

1. Cruising

2. Accelerating up a long hill at WOT.

As the guys mentioned above, if your distributor is not advancing, the fuel will burn later as it is leaving the exhaust. I don't think this will blacken the plugs though... but your exhaust will be very hot and may glow at night.

I managed to get my timing gun back on track and set up the initial to 15 and max is about 37-38. Something is wrong. It does not run on all six cylinders on idle. Is it normal that you get fuel dripping from the ram pipes/float breathe hole?

Edit. I made few test drives and it stutters on steady speed. Plugs are black-ish so its most certain it is getting too much fuel. Was there DYI fuel level gauge instructions somewhere here?

Edited by Reverend

Your timing seems ok.

For SK's there is a screw for lowering the fuel.

There is a gauge like an eye dropper you can experiment with.

A pipette may do the trick.

You could probably dip a stick or the end of a caliper to measure fuel depth.

The carbs should not leak.

I drank the Kool aid and wasted a lot of time because of following his guessing.I expected more based on his writing and credentials but was let down and had to dig out of the hole I jumped in.

I wondered if it was just me.

• Like 1

So basically all you need for fuel level measurement is a small plastic pipe, slim enough to fit in to main jet hole, put it in and close the other end. It "should" hold the fuel inside..right? Like pipet. OER fuel level was 29mm right?

Edited by Reverend