IGNORED

Screen Names - Where Do They Come From?

Bambikiller240

My screen name, 'GunnerRob', doesn't mean that I'm a weapons freak.LOL

The name comes from when I was young, about 13 yrs. old. As a kid I was quite thin in stature, so when I played neighborhood sports I tended to over play in order to make up for the lack of bulk (and talent!). This was especially true when playing basketball. Since I couldn't get close to the net to make shots, I'd just heave the ball towards it from a distance! My brother called that 'gunning' the ball and consequently nicknamed me 'Gunner Rob'.

Gotta love brothers!:classic:

BTW Carl, I instantly knew what your screen name meant. I've had to make evasive manauvers myself to keep my Z from being labeled as such. One of these days I'll have share with you about how a friend was killed by horses while driving, if you're interested.

Not sure what exactly brought me to choose MrPeabody... At the time I hadn't thought of the cartoon with the dog, (who's name is Mr. Peabody), and the boy who hangs out with him... Were they characters on Rocky and Bullwinkle? Either way, it's kinda catchy ;)

-Ben

Well BambiKiller240 I nailed a deer in my Z too. It was about 5 am and it was fogged in REALLY bad. I could see about 20'. I was driving on a two lane road that goes up a hill into Moraga. I was going around 20 in a 35 zone. The deer jumped out from the hill so that if I swirved into the other lane I would have still hit it. If I had gone to the right my car would have become part of the hill. So I speed up. Now this my seem cruel but remember that when you brake hard your nose goes down. This causes "Bambi" to fly over your hood and take off your head. I went right over bambi. All the poor SOB did was bend my licence plate back. I guess I just got lucky.

Originally posted by GunnerRob

Carl,

Think Roman (numeral)!

Doh! Got it, about 10 minutes before your post the light bulb finally went on. I gotta get that switch fixed! LOL

Thanks Rob!

PS I sure wish I'd had the chance for an evasive maneuver on that one. I've dodged a few deer, possums, and raccoons before, but that damn minivan shut off my vision until the last instant. Bambi just barely made it in front of the car. Another second and It would have heard me coming and bolted in the other direction. :(

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

Your initials are redundant???:cross-eye civ = Chuck I. Vigdor?

Sorry Chuck, I don't understand what the 104 means.

CIV in roman numerals is 104 in Arabic numerals; hence, civ104

my screen name is also my name, as well.

years ago my brother and I were trying to come up with some ideas for personalized plates for our vehicles. Texas only allows 6 characters, which limited our choices. Eventually, we came up with MAR2C. My brother put that tag on a truck he used to own.

It is years later now, and my wife and I wanted to get personalized plates for our Z. Since MAR2C was still taken, we had to come up with something else. (photo is in my picture gallery) We came up with the plate you see today on our Z - it tells you exactly who owns it

I had thought of using a screen name that reflects my job, like some do. Some younger folks in my career field use screen names like "NUKEM" or "KEYTURNER" or "ICBM-DRVR", but I have decided not to.

Mine is simply my name

I bought a 73 orange ruster & my wife thought I was crazy, but indulged me. After I got it tuned up & running pretty well, she was finally deigned to drive it. She took my youngest out for a spin. When she came back, I asked her how it went. She was non-committal, but my son (8), said "Daddy, she really went ZZZZOOOMM". Wife had the Z bug & things were set. For the next few weeks it was "Zoom this & Zoom that", so zoom240 became my favorite screenname ... even though I'm driving a 260Z (rust free) now.

Dave

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

Doh! Got it, about 10 minutes before your post the light bulb finally went on. I gotta get that switch fixed! LOL

Thanks Rob!

PS I sure wish I'd had the chance for an evasive maneuver on that one.

For cases of foot in mouth. quickly hit the edit button on the bottom, you can edit your post and backpedal as much as you like, or even delete the post completely, leaving no trace unless you aren't quick enough and people have started replying to what you wrote.