IGNORED

Z 432 At Rm Auction Amelia Island

26th-Z

Here is the last few seconds of the final bidding of this car.   Jim was in charge of doing the video of this 432 bidding and the memory in his phone filled up before the bidding ended.  I was up front taking pictures of the car so I had to jump in with my phone to capture the final price when the gavel fell.

There was a Toyota 2000 GT that sold before the Farilady 432 for $800,000 and the catalog estimate called for the car to sell for $900,000 to $1,10,000.  So the ZED sold for $230,000(catalog estimate $150K to $200) and the million dollar Toyota sold below estimate!

Fairlady 432 Final Sale Video.MOV

Edited by mgmoreau

It really depended on the car.  There were a few high end Ferrarri's that went for $2 M to $3 M that caused quite a stir.  It is a long day.  The first car went on the block at 11:00 AM and the last car crossed the block around 4:30 PM.

I don't know the history of this car and I didn't read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been covered.  Is this car unrestored?  I notice what looks like rust under the hood seal at the cowl and the seal itself is rather cracked.  Awesome car, but it's surprising to see flaws like that on a car that sold for $253,000.  Also, what's with the blue marks around the unused holes on the inner fender?  I can't quite figure that out.