IGNORED

'72 240Z Rebuild

siteunseen

Yeah, give some of the finer grades a try and see what you think. I believe after I used the 800 grit, I never switched back to anything coarser. I may have used some of the 280 grit to start and then switched to the 800... Been about two years now and don't remember for sure.

I used a cordless drill for the power source and changed the rotation direction every now and then. I know you can do them by hand, but with 24 of them to do and imperfections that really should have had a valve job done, I got tired and switched to the drill. If you're just doing that one valve, I would just do it by hand.

I did, however, have the valve seals out at the time. If you're going to do this with the seals in place, make sure you got them lubed up good before you start rotating that valve. Don't want to wear out your brand new seals!

The drill is a great help.  I couldn't use it on the valve stem without removing the cam towers so I took the suction cup off the wooden handle and shoved a 3/8" male air coupler into it and then chucked it up, that works great.

41NNnudGTGL._SX342_.jpg

BZT30544_ersatzkoepfe_for_ventileinschle

You are right a out it being non-poisonous. I had 3 Rat snakes getting my eggs out of the hen house.

Then I found a much smaller King snake, and aimed it near the hen house. Now I get my eggs, and that pipsqueak King snake has the fun of running the others off. Or killing them, whatever, they're gone. Yay.

Not afraid of them unless they surprise me. Be still my heart!

• Like 1

I had a buddy that had lyme disease from a deer tick. Bad deal for sure. He works hard and thought the symptoms were from work. He got in bad shape and then finally went for help.

I'm sore all the time too, makes me wonder sometimes.LOL

EDIT I assume it was Lymes, honestly don't know. It was a deer tick though, probably fell from a tree limb while he was mowing, according to the doctor.

Edited by siteunseen

We have lots of black snakes, some garter snakes. We also have cotton mouths in the low country, rattlers closer to the mountains and copper heads here. I killed one of those earlier this year. I can deal with them as long as they don't surprise me and I'm not in a crawlspace with them.... :blink:

• 1 month later...

I'm taking a few days off next week to get this motor back in the car.  I'm a procrastinator amongst other things.  

So here's what I've done this morning instead of putting the rings on the pistons.  I'm trying to learn the Chinese tricks, like kicking and shaking, banging against the table etc.

Harbor Freight blast cabinet, NO MESS. :)

post-23570-0-39597700-1444491279_thumb.j

post-23570-0-54653100-1444491284_thumb.j

Before satin Diamond Clear Coat

post-23570-0-66247100-1444491289_thumb.j 

Good point, reminder.

I'm glad I have the blast cabinet. You can look close up with the window opposed to the blast pot I used the first time. Found 2 small cracks in the thermostat housing that are leaking onto the bolts that hold it on the head. Thank goodness I have extra parts. The diZease pays off once again!