IGNORED

'72 240Z Rebuild

siteunseen

My daughter has it now.

My wife came down with it when we were in NJ

I had it over Christmas.

Join the club.

2 hot showers strategically spread over the night helped.

Also the day time and night time combo's of Tylenol Cold-and-Flu (or WalMart Generic) did wonders.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

My daughter has it now.

My wife came down with it when we were in NJ

I had it over Christmas.

Join the club.

2 hot showers strategically spread over the night helped.

Also the day time and night time combo's of Tylenol Cold-and-Flu (or WalMart Generic) did wonders.

I didn't understand why I should take hot showers in the middle of the night but I do now!  My shower will need Rotor-Rootering now for all the phlegm.  You're advice is spot on, as usual.  :)

• Like 1

Still feeling like crap but this made me feel a little better.  We've had some bad weather so UPS has been 2 days behind but Saturday around lunch I got my regrind and the components that go with it.  I must say they ground it down to nothing!

$400 for everything, regrind, springs and retainers and .190" lash pads.

post-23570-0-59925700-1425217036_thumb.j

post-23570-0-49964900-1425217050_thumb.j

I decided to take apart my E31 before I give it to the machinest, trying to save him some time.  Well there was a couple of surprises.  It looks like someone has already ground the area around the valve guides and they are steel, checked with a magnet.  The intake valve seats are brass and the exhaust are steel.  It had the shorter Ford valve seals which I ruined when I removed them, I'll get a new set.  I've got a Felpro beside the Viton for height comparison.

Should I get steel intake seats or leave the brass?  I'm not going to the racetrack and when I run it up it'll only be quick and short.  The police know me and where I live with my orange 240, small town.

Thanks for any advice,

Cliff.

post-23570-0-74329300-1425553687_thumb.j

post-23570-0-41862500-1425553726_thumb.j

Definitely change the bronze to steel........and get the new low profile Felpro Ford seals.....you'll be lucky if the .190's work correctly for all twelve valves. The head looks good....nice water jackets.

Edited by Diseazd