IGNORED

'72 240Z Rebuild

siteunseen

Well I have an idea of what to do.  I took a bare N47 and put the exhaust valves in held up by clothes pins then chucked them to a drill and spun some marks on there.  Then I used a pink grinding stone that came with my Dremel.  One or two I'm not happy with but I'll get more practice tomorrow.

post-23570-0-17011300-1424309493_thumb.j

post-23570-0-87165900-1424309771_thumb.j

post-23570-0-61350700-1424309608_thumb.j

• Like 1

are you notching for clearance due to high-lift cam, or just to de-shroud for flow?

I've got an E31 with exhaust valves for a N head, which are larger and just barely hit the edge of the bore.

From zhome.com

E31 HEAD '70-71 240Z

This head has a 9:1 compression ratio. The quench area is the best of the Z heads with the exception of the P79. As stated before 280 valves are an easy installation and recommended. A note of caution here , however, if the 280 valves are used with a stock 240 or 260 bore ( they're the same) you will need to notch the block for the intakes. They JUST touch and make a hell of a noise ( take my word on this I know). If an oversize bore is used here then clearance is not a factor ( even a .010" overbore will do). This is considered by many to be the "best" head because of the "better" quench area and higher compression.

100_7364-800_thumb.jpg    L26%20block%20relief_thumb.JPG

I can't decide which to do here.  Please advise me somebody (named Steve).  :)

Wow. Glad you caught that one before it was too late! I don't remember the last time I had that sick to the pit of your stomach feeling when you realize that you just screwed up royal and it's irreparable.

No no no no no no no nobody's fault but mine!

I think the last time I did that was when it was already midnight, the car show was the next morning, and I had just realized that I forgot to slide the flare nut up the brake line before I put the flare on the end. It was already too short... "I did NOT just do that."  :angry:

That's my favorite Led Zeppelin song!  EDIT!  One of my favorites, The Ocean's pretty good too, it be easier to name their bad ones than the good.  I can't even think of one right now but I'm about to crank up Nobody's Fault RIGHT NOW.  My neighbors are at work, work's for suckers. 

Na na na na na nobody's fault but my-eeeine

good to see more happening - i'm watching & learning...

and thanks for the tip on head bolts, i picked up a set of turbo bolts from courtesy nissan for $60 as well - a $40 savings over the last set i bought from dpllc, and those were the NA bolts...