wheee!

1976 280Z Restoration Project

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Has it been pinned?  I haven't followed all of the details.  Lots of slop in the factory mounting system.  

Do you have a borescope?  It would be cool to see the path of the runners in to the head.  Probably help alignment also.

I will double and triple check during the drilling procedure and ensure they line up properly.

The borescope idea is cool, though I am not expecting 100% perfection....more like 97%...!

6 hours ago, wheee! said:

I have confidence my lack of skill and experience coupled with bold determination will shield me (and my cyl. head) from any harm...

Exactly.  I'm fully confident in your confidence!     :victorious:

• Like 2

Shiny stuff!
IMG_8609.jpg
IMG_8608.jpg

Silvermine delivered the power steering system today. Prices have gone up but Edan squeaked me in under the wire for last years price. Still with shipping and taxes/duty it was over $1500 Cdn! Ouch. Hope it’s all I expect it to be...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

My shoulders would so love something like that. Looks great!

I knew this was a mod I wanted when I saw it. I chose the Silvermine version because it has the potentiometer style feedback from the speedo cable to control the amount of assist rather than the Z Power Steering system of a manual control knob. This means the steering automatically gives full power at idle and low speed and reduces the assist at higher speeds. My wife will be driving the car and the thicker tires and aggressive suspension won't be a problem with this system...

I also love the cast iron engine block paint I used on the steering shaft! It looks nice and will stay looking good next to the exhaust headers. I will be painting the engine block this same colour. Sorry... no blue in SASSZ.

Cheaper and better for you.

Maybe it comes with the training guy too...

IMG_3700.PNG

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Besides, that grey will look great with the green body colour.

I agree. No real chance of this car looking stock anyways...

7 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Captain O and I would need the training guy to get the bar off of our chest. LOL

No kidding. I think I tore a rotator cuff just looking at that pic.   :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Hey Mark, Nice install pics of the EPS kit! Awesome build! I'll be following :)

Thanks Edan!
I will post up a separate thread once the install is complete. I’m still a fair ways away from having it completely installed... new dash, gauge work, interior trim etc. It will make more sense in a separate thread with pics etc.

Achievement unlocked!
E88 head tapped and ported for N42 non-webbed fuel injection intake!
IMG_8646.jpg
IMG_8648.jpg

• Like 4

If a Luddite like me can do it, you won't have a problem,  does Haltech send you the unit with tune already installed or are they tuning it remotely as you drive?

It needs tuning?

Time for a mythbusters episode!

The half shafts are absolutely identical. No one side longer or shorter than the other. 

5D65A05F-E165-4B66-BDC1-E1FC3286FFAE.jpeg

2A3645E9-6AAF-4ACE-8E6F-D5184E38FB38.jpeg

5C4BB3C0-8BCE-4BF9-B3BC-291E21B4EABC.jpeg

@zKars

• Like 2