IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Well, the decision is in! 9'er Domestic has chosen the 2335 green in front! Deciding factors were how it looked both in sun and shade. The stock 240 looks flat and black in the shade, while the front 2335 pops regardless of the amount of light. It seems to have a very good level of metallic in it too. It is lighter than I had thought I would go, but overall it will be a nice show car colour.
Shade pics.
IMG_5195.JPG
IMG_5196.JPG
IMG_5197.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am humbly impressed with the quality of the test panel. Without taking any real steps to prevent contamination and dust, the finish looks very good! Needs a little colour sanding and maybe a third coat of clear... but, wow!

my 2 cents. put on 3 coats of clear, that will give you plenty of room for cut and buff if you need it. nothing worse then cutting through to base-primer. it happens SO fast

17 minutes ago, sweatybetty said:

my 2 cents. put on 3 coats of clear, that will give you plenty of room for cut and buff if you need it. nothing worse then cutting through to base-primer. it happens SO fast

I agree. This was again, purely for colour matching but I could see where it was looking better in places that had heavier coverage. I will lay a much better clear coat when I do the actual car.

Just now, gwri8 said:

Good choice!  Now your forever roommate has a stake in it too!  We'll have to compare color when you bring it down for Zcon 2018.  Over a beer or two of course.....

Thanks! She is looking forward to seeing it on the road too!

• Like 1