IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Sorry.. Mark.  Mine is (And this is europe..)  22.5 Cm. Yours is 14,5 Cm.  Between edge and lock.

For the cards, back is in very good condition, as the front is.. only the chrome is peeling a bit... these cards can bring a 100 euro per card. complete.

Some dents are on it were the handles come.. not damaged.

20170308_144040.jpg

20170308_144054.jpg

Ok I kind of figured they would be the same door cards as North American 280's made after 8/76. They would just use the same door parts as the rest of the assembly line. Your doors probably didn't have the heavy reinforcement bars though.
Thanks anyways! I'll keep looking...

Last few nights in the shop have been spent cleaning and prepping for the primer coat. Picked up my supplies today. I will be using the Valspar DTM 2000 series of primer in medium gray. My body shop supplier convinced me it was the best product and replaces the older epoxy primer. It works as a direct to metal primer as well as sealer in a reduced version. Looking forward to seeing how it goes on!

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Last few nights in the shop have been spent cleaning and prepping for the primer coat. Picked up my supplies today. I will be using the Valspar DTM 2000 series of primer in medium gray. My body shop supplier convinced me it was the best product and replaces the older epoxy primer. It works as a direct to metal primer as well as sealer in a reduced version. Looking forward to seeing how it goes on!

get some new cartridges for your respirator, the new 2k epoxy primers are sooo toxic.

Just spent the morning touring the Calgary Datsun Museum of Antiquities.... also known as [mention=11371]zkars[/mention] shop and warehouse! default_laugh.png

Picked up a trunkload of goodies for my project. So much gold hiding in these garages! Thank the Lord above for people like Jim!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wheee! said:

Just spent the morning touring the Calgary Datsun Museum of Antiquities.... also known as [mention=11371]zkars[/mention] shop and warehouse! default_laugh.png

Picked up a trunkload of goodies for my project. So much gold hiding in these garages! Thank the Lord above for people like Jim!

Great to meet you finally and to help with the project! 

Note that appropriate entrance requirement was met.

IMG_9035.JPG

Wait a minute, I think you called me an antique!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wheee! said:

I think Jim's Five and Dime might be a better name..... ;)

I'm an all-inclusive Datsun supporter. I've even touched a roadster. Once. It was just a one-night fling. It's over, really.