IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I have more AN Fittings on the way so that it will be perfectly assembled on the car. No barbs. The fuel line will feed from the firewall, under the fuel rail, up 180 degrees into the front of the rail, past the pressure gauge, out the rail, into the pressure regulator and back to the tank. All with AN 6 black and red fittings.

I see, like a column of fuel held above the valve.  The problem is the loss of pressure.  Heated fuel will vaporize and blow the liquid through the FRP.  Then you're left with a half-full fuel system at zero pressure.

I modified one of the Bosch adjustable FPR's by drilling a hole in the adjustment screw.  It's the poor man's version of this.  It holds pressure, like a Bosch part should.  Got mine from eBay.  

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2222

Some quick pics of the pieces. I don't have all the fittings here yet, so just approximating the look with injectors and hose, new quick clips for the harness etc. I have a 12 pin connector kit to attach the fuel rail to the fuel injection harness. That should make moving the intake off the motor a lot easier. I will build a custom harness for the injectors.
IMG_4090.thumb.JPG.f852d6eb8a686dc69c0e1
IMG_4091.thumb.JPG.23897c6997542cd114d45
IMG_4092.thumb.JPG.5f7c04613e2bd099b3112
IMG_4094.thumb.JPG.8fd35fb66c86dec563ad1
IMG_4095.thumb.JPG.1e1bc2ab4100d18458b97

Ughhh.... I would say over 40....
I plan on cleaning it up really well, degreasing, pre-heating and off gassing, then powder coating it in the new Eastwood Chrome powder coat to protect it. I don't think I could ever polish it enough or properly to be happy...

3 hours ago, madkaw said:

You did away with all your vacuum ports?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Nope! Just hid them!!

IMG_1429.JPG

The brake booster  line faces the booster now and the two ports on the rear feed towards the firewall. I may block one off still and run a vacuum block on the firewall too...

IMG_1430.JPG

The old ports were TIG welded closed.