IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

I doubt it. This is a slow process! I hope to have the metal work done by end of January. Realistically, I see me being done in the spring of 2018... hopefully!

Haha, I feel the same way.  I wanted to be done with metal work by the end of Fall and I said that at the beginning of Summer.  

• Like 1

Rolling, as in down on it wheels. You're still both making better time than me...<_>

Gotcha! Yes, I'm hoping to have the metalwork done and the bottom of the car prepped for paint this spring. That would allow me to paint the underbody, install new suspension, run new brake lines, install the rebuilt gas tank, and install brake kits....
I'm starting to see where this is going! LOL
Once this metal work phase is over, my credit card is going to get a workout.
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 11:33 AM, wheee! said:

Gotcha! Yes, I'm hoping to have the metalwork done and the bottom of the car prepped for paint this spring. That would allow me to paint the underbody, install new suspension, run new brake lines, install the rebuilt gas tank, and install brake kits....
I'm starting to see where this is going! LOL
Once this metal work phase is over, my credit card is going to get a workout.

Did you save the old brake and fuel lines?  With your new floors and frame rails you will have lost all of the original mounting points.  When I did my car I reinstalled the old lines so that I knew where to put the mounting points.  Probably one of my smarter moves....  Installing brake/fuel lines was a tough job.  I used stainless and it isn't very forgiving.  

1 hour ago, ksechler said:

Did you save the old brake and fuel lines?  With your new floors and frame rails you will have lost all of the original mounting points.  When I did my car I reinstalled the old lines so that I knew where to put the mounting points.  Probably one of my smarter moves....  Installing brake/fuel lines was a tough job.  I used stainless and it isn't very forgiving.  

Yes, I remember your thread post about doing that and I left the fuel and brake line assembly together and fairly unbent... I will use it as a guide. I have all new rubber insulators too, courtesy of Eurodat!

I will most likely be doing the charcoal canister delete so my system will be a little different.

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Yes, I remember your thread post about doing that and I left the fuel and brake line assembly together and fairly unbent... I will use it as a guide. I have all new rubber insulators too, courtesy of Eurodat!

I will most likely be doing the charcoal canister delete so my system will be a little different.

Put the line in anyway.  It's impossible to add later.  I don't use my canister or the return line, but the lines are there just in case.  

19 hours ago, wheee! said:

Thanks Taka! I was hoping to see more of yours this year too...

yeah, things just didn't line up this year with my work and My car was down for 1/2 of the summer for various reasons. Hopefully, I have it sorted out.  Next year!

• Like 1

Picked up a 10 tonne press this weekend. Good sale on at Canadian Tire LOL

I also have been working on a centre valance sourced from @zKars along with the side nacelles from another member. @Patcon supplied me with the lower rad support centre support for the valance earlier this year (I think? lol)  and I now have all the missing pieces to reconstruct the front end! I am soooo excited to have the parts in place (minus the 240 chrome bumper form FutoFab) to finish the front end. Big thank you to all the people that helped out with the parts and @Eurodat for the custom 240 bumper mounting system.

Still trying to muddle through the metal work. Lots to do and so little time these days it seems. Looking forward to having the front frame section replaced by Christmas...

• Like 1