IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Well that was a good seven hours of work today! Got some more welding done on the drivers floor pan. Found a few areas that needed new metal up along the firewall too.
Decided to weld in the seat mounts and strengthen the floor a bit before flipping it over and welding up the floor pan support rail. I will be adding the Big Dog frame cap too so it will be VERY solid!

I applause your commitment, seemed like your method of getting the floors to fit worked out really well, looks great and seems like it worked out well for you.  I never knew  how much more structurally the 280z was compared to the 240z. I hear people talk about it here and there, but never actually seen anything until I looked through your thread.  Then again, Ive only owned one datsun thus far in my life. 

There are a number of areas where the 280z's got more metal than the 240z's did. You will realize it really quick if you pick up an empty door shell from each car. The 280z's must weigh twice as much due to the interior crash bars added inside the doors

I applause your commitment, seemed like your method of getting the floors to fit worked out really well, looks great and seems like it worked out well for you.  I never knew  how much more structurally the 280z was compared to the 240z. I hear people talk about it here and there, but never actually seen anything until I looked through your thread.  Then again, Ive only owned one datsun thus far in my life. 

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the thread. My son in law and I are excited to get back into the shop. I picked up a smaller 110v welder because the big MILLER 220v was blasting thru the metal on the lowest settings. Working much better now.
More posts and pics to come! Hoping to get at least a couple nights a week on it now.

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

My son in law and I are excited to get back into the shop.

Aaarh, Bonding with the son in law. So, he has past all the other tests and now he is allowed to work on your Zed:D:D:D

Mark, Good to see you back at. Enjoy.

Edited by EuroDat