IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

25 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I would love to come see your shop but it's a little far... :P

I dunno.... the US greenback is kicking butt up here! You could fly up for the price of a nice dinnner out and I will put you up in Grand Style in my humble abode... all you have to do is beat the crap outa my floor pans! LOL

My ,still improving method, for re-bending a nice radius in the floor pans. I used a 1 7/8" hinge collar from a Bulldog Hinge. (Available at you local chain link fence co. They usually have old ones in their supplies) It is little more than a 1/8" x 2 1/2" piece of sheet metal bent into a U shape (1" ID radius) with long legs. They're very bend resistant. I cut about every 3", (as described by Patcon) flattened any mislocated bends 3" at a time, clamped the hinge collar to the inside of the floor pan in the proper location and rolled and beat the panel to conform to the collar using the clamp handle for leverage. It actually worked quite well but next time I'm going to heat the radius area first. The goal is to roll a radius into the floor pan 3" at a time without all the beating. Heat would make it a lot faster and safer than a BMFH.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

I dunno.... the US greenback is kicking butt up here! You could fly up for the price of a nice dinnner out and I will put you up in Grand Style in my humble abode... all you have to do is beat the crap outa my floor pans! LOL

That's tempting...I like beating on metal

Mark's idea sounds like a good one too

That's soooo tempting. Almost moved to Canada in the late 60s. (not to avoid the draft btw) I just love Canada and Canadians eh. The way things are going here in the land of "In Greed We Trust", I might want to leave soon and avoid the post election rush.:blink:

Maybe I could even drive Westwood again. Fantastic track.

Edited by Mark Maras
  • Like 1

Ha! My family came from England in 1965 and I'm glad they choose Canada! I was born in Kimberley BC, close to the border. I love Canada but I have a lot of great American friends!

I would be honoured to host any of you great classic Z lovers for a visit!