IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Loaded up a fresh bucket of grit and did some more blasting last night. Things went A LOT better with fresh grit. No dust and better blasting.

I have the car in its upright position now and I am literally standing in the engine bay so I can blast all the lower areas in there. I'll spin the frame sideways again soon and do the upper portions. I'd say I'm almost half done.... Maybe!

• Like 2

Wish I had more to post. Lately I have been getting a couple nights a week in the garage with the media blaster. Progress is slow but steady. Right now the engine compartment is almost done. Still have a lot of nooks and crannies to get to and I will have to flip the car a few more times to get them all.

After the engine bay, I am going to do the nose section of the car, then move to the door frames and windshield ledge and A pillars. The inner cowl looks challenging but it will be done too. I will NOT be blasting any flat sheet metal. No desire to warp any panels.

After that, I have the interior and hatch to do. That will be a long job I think. I will probably spend almost as much time vacuuming and blowing out all the media after I'm done too! LOL

• Like 1

Finished the engine bay last night! Still lots to go but a productive evening anyways!

f89e49e5a8fc02cad5df2fdc1e0fda28.jpg

Wheel housings look better too.

7258b78001d40558f5067425ed639314.jpg

Both pictures are from before I started the night and the room filled with dust... It will indeed take a while to purge the car of media after I'm done...

• Like 3

More progress albeit slow. Door frames are done along with inner cowling and windshield moulding. Taillight area still to do along with the interior. Feels like I am getting closer to being done with the media blasting. At least of the frame. I will blast a few larger parts while I have the tent setup. The new tranny for one and the front crossmember come to mind.

Oh well. I'm in no rush I guess!

Edited by wheee!
  • Like 1