IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Yes, it is right to the metal. A somewhat rough finish that will bond well with the POR15 when I get to that stage....

It looks dull compared to the section of tunnel that I did with the EZ Strip wheel...

Edited by wheee!

I am actually quite pleased with the minimal amount of dust being generated. I use a face mask of course, but I would not want to use sand under any circumstance! Plus, I am glad I am not using the crushed glass as it is so fine, I would be worried about breathing any of that in!

Great looking work going there. I had one helluva time with my siphon set up at first, moisture from the continuous running compressor. I bought an extra moisture separator that goes before the gun and hung the bucket from the ceiling so it wasn't sucking as much, more or less falling down into the gun. Worked good with coal slag for a rougher finish. 

FWIW

Cliff

2 hours ago, ksechler said:

I'm jealous of your rapid progress.  I had nothing but trouble blasting.  My compressor just couldn't keep up and it was an exercise in frustration.  I'm glad to be done with it!

lol, I'm jealous of your level of completeness! I am glad I have a 18CFM 60 Gallon. It runs non-stop almost while I'm blasting but pressure never drops below 100psi. I let it rest every bucket refill. If I stop blasting for a minute or two it catches up and shuts off.

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Great looking work going there. I had one helluva time with my siphon set up at first, moisture from the continuous running compressor. I bought an extra moisture separator that goes before the gun and hung the bucket from the ceiling so it wasn't sucking as much, more or less falling down into the gun. Worked good with coal slag for a rougher finish. 

FWIW

Cliff

I bought the moisture separator from Princess Auto and it has been fantastic. Removes all the moisture in the system.

8055757.jpg?_v=5a94e708-b43a-47fc-b9d2-5

If you have your shop plumbed for air, it is important to give yourself a water trap and drain.  Here is an example that we use at our local workshop.  The ball valve can be cracked to drain the water from the line without removing the air hose.  The trap also keeps water from accumulating when not in use.  Sorry for the sideways pic.  It is correct on my computer.  The forum is turning it for some reason.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

• Like 1

True. That is why my air dryer has the big ball valve at the low point of my system. It allows me to close the ball valve at the compressor, then open the ball valve on the drain every night. Several times a day while sandblasting too...