IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I think what they did on the rocker was fill it so it lined up well with the fender. I do all my panels this way. I may rough a door out on a stand but for final work I mount them on the car, adjust them, then block them as one large panel, across the body gaps. Then I fill and block as necessary. This makes the car as straight a possible. I do however prefer to have less build...

• Like 1

I am gonna add this here because it is your build thread and maybe someone else can chime in.

Core support part numbers:

240z

62500-N3400

260z

to Aug 74'

62500-N3615

62500-N4310

9/74'-11/74'

from 12/74'

62500-N4200

all 280z

62500-N4200

There are evidently 4 different core supports on the 2 seater cars. I know the 240z supports do not have the vertical piece of metal across the top that holds the weather strip to seal to the hood. I believe that is to aide cooling. Also I believe the later cores may be taller because when I install a later radiator in my car possibly 280zx? they hang below the core support. The holes are also different in the later core supports and some of them are different sizes to allow the larger intake hoses to pass through. Some pictures might help if some people can post up different years. My 240z was repaired with a later core support so the width seems to be the same...