IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

The first block (the one closest to the master cylinder) is the brake warning switch. It doesn't proportion, it just lights the warning light if there's a failure in one axle of the system.

The second block (the one on the firewall) does the proportioning.

It's a little weird looking, but since the warning switch is mounted close to the LF wheel, they pulled the line off there to go to that corner. The pressure there will be the same as the RF, but it was just easier to pull the plumbing connection off there instead of pulling another front connection off the proportioning valve and backtracking to the LF corner.

• Like 1

Have you ever had a complete failure of half the system while driving? I never have, but somehow I just doubt I would have the wherewithal to pump the brakes to shuttle the plunger to the end:

Pedal goes to the floor.
Brain goes "OH SHITE!!" and I freeze looking for an exit path. Foot planted hard on the floor. In fact, at that point, I'm probably trying to push the pedal THROUGH the floor.

Brain never goes "Just pump the brakes a couple times to shuttle that plunger to the end of travel and you'll get some pressure back".

15 hours ago, wheee! said:

Actually your picture shows exactly where I wanted place it and how much clearance there will be. The left side of the regulator is blocked off, the right side is input from fuel rail and the bottom is return to tank. The battery cables will run beside and to the left of the regulator pretty cleanly I think!

Makes sense.  Let me know if you want me to shoot any other under hood pictures to help you place things.