IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I have a reel of string that I am using for measuring the lines. My mistake was to try and measure the new piece while it was still coiled. Some slippage occurred obviously. I still have lots of line and there won't be any waste.

16 hours ago, wheee! said:

I am going to use the four bolt race pack from Arizona Z Cars. Wilwoods all around and rear discs.

I spoke with Reg Sumaru here in Edmonton with this same setup and he has a 260 with a built motor. 3.5 stroker. He is a master mechanic.

He is running the same brakes, 280ZX master cylinder and the 260 booster. No proportioning valve and he swears it is race stable. I may order one as insurance, but I am going to use the 280ZX master and the 280Z booster. Should be enough.

It's easier to add now and run it full open then it is to add later.  It is very hard to flare lines on the car!

Lol!  You're about to enter the hell of small parts restoration.  It goes  something like this....

"I think I'll put the <fill in the blank> back on the Z tonight...  Gosh, those <fill in the blank> are awful rusty.  I better clean them up first."  Four hours later you have five cleaned up parts with paint drying and nothing has been bolted to the car...  

Couple of useful tools:  blasting cabinet, parts tumbler and zinc plating supplies (you can do this easily).  Once you plate the parts throw them back in the tumbler with corn cob media for a nice satin finish!  

• Like 1

Enter it? I signed a long term lease years ago!
I have all of the above except the zinc plating system. Plus I have a powder coater. Some of my small parts I have already prepped, others I will do as I go. At least it feels like progress!
The brake distribution block and proportioning block are already restored and mounted. They were a day apiece...

7 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Enter it? I signed a long term lease years ago!
I have all of the above except the zinc plating system. Plus I have a powder coater. Some of my small parts I have already prepped, others I will do as I go. At least it feels like progress!
The brake distribution block and proportioning block are already restored and mounted. They were a day apiece...

You've always missed some darn piece.  A hose clamp, or some other odd bit of rusty metal.