IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Dang, I should had left my creased line alone on my car. I though the same in that the crease faded right before the peak of the wheel arch and softened it up to help it fade away.

Now after looking in depth more, that crease clearly is the same the whole way on the rear quarter panel.

Nissan_Fairlady_Z_432_(1970)_rear-right_Toyota_Automobile_Museum.jpg

Guess just depends on the lighting and angle as shown below that makes it appear it fades.

am15_r194_018.jpg

landscape_nrm_1423582857-am15_r194_017.jpg

7tooZ: One thing that would bother me is the lower dog leg area/rocker panel area, where the arrows are pointing. I think its supposed to be aligned straight with the door and not flare out. Wonder if the body shop knew that or not. I could be wrong though. Was your rear quarters replacements or originals?

IMG_2584.thumb.jpg.53c9cdf9ee4fc92fb0063beff3cbf44a.jpgImage1492129839.890175.thumb.jpg.384307c24f6acf2e2e382abc69d4bd00.jpg

I had a feeling this was a global issue. So many cars have no quarter panel ridge and I wasn't sure if people were ADDING it in when doing repairs or REMOVING it with repairs. Good to know it is SUPPOSED to be there. I will do my best to make a subtle ridge appear in the final work.

• Like 1

The driver side quarter is by far the worst of the bodywork to do. Once I get it structurally close to factory, I will leave the final bodywork to the hi build phase. The fibreglas is just so much stronger for this kind of large fill work.

• Like 1