IGNORED

Better Than New 240Z Taillight Trim

Randalla

Many of you that have 240Z’s know the chrome tail light bars are one of the first parts to go, due to exhaust gases, weather and time. I’ve owned over ten 240’s through the years and every one of them had rough looking taillight bars, with many even starting to disintegrate. A couple years ago I contracted to have a quantity of them re-produced and have since been offering them for sale. I posted here a year or more ago, but thought I’d provide an update with current pricing and a few pictures. There’s only one other vendor re-producing this part. Their price is higher and the accuracy is inferior to the parts I’ve produced from a perfect pair of OEM originals. Additionally, each pair of my taillight bars comes with instructions and all the necessary fasteners. I have many customers on this site and hope they’ll chime in and vouch for the quality and service received. If you’re interested, the price for club members, including shipping, is $129.95. E-mail me and I‘ll invoice you via PayPal, and get a set in the mail to you today. Satisfaction guaranteed! 

Randy    

post-17919-0-64593500-1421346619_thumb.j

post-17919-0-33610400-1421346643_thumb.j

post-17919-0-82177100-1421346877_thumb.j

post-17919-0-13188000-1421346893_thumb.j

• Like 1

I forgot to mention what makes them better than new. The factory used a plating process called vacuume metalizing which tends to fade, is not corrosion resistant and deterioates quickly when exposed to the elements. The process used on the taillight bars I reproduced is called electroplating, which produces a superior finish and is durable enough to stand the test of time. Bottom line is these are brighter and more durable than the original factory parts, in addition to being accurate to the last detail.

• Like 1

The center of the taillight bars don't show up great in the pictures, but rest assured the black paint fill and the fine ribbing trexture is consisent with the originals. If you have questions about disassembly and re-assembly, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Randy 

Thought I'd mention that the taillight lens pictured is one I restored. A little work on your lens with a very mild abrasive (polishing compound) followed by some plastic polish and a good buffing, and you'll have a taillight that looks as good as your new chrome taillight bar. Those two improvements will transform the rear view or your Z.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered these parts from you and if they would like to give their feedback on the finish of your trim? The big bonus is that it comes with all the fasteners.

I'm in the middle of restoring my tail lights so this is perfect timing for me.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,16057.0.html

Are the MSA ones the same as these? Do you supply MSA?