IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Got the auto electrician around today to fit the JDM Euro Spec tail lights we need over here, change the front running lights to indicators and the headlights to include side lights we also need, and fit relays and resisters where necessary, on Friday it's going for its MOT, Ministry Of Transport Test, every vehicle here must have an annual test if older than 3yrs old, also I received from our friends from Z car Depot, new front and rear bumper rubbers, an OEM passenger door mirror, door gromits, cone shaped rubber that fit in the B post, courtesy light switches ( the push switches in the doors that make the interior lights come on when you open the doors, sorry for the explanation you may call them the same thing ;-) ) Happy Days

post-30070-0-63715000-1433358018_thumb.j

post-30070-0-75496600-1433358030_thumb.j

Edited by Red7
  • Like 3

My rebuilt carbs from ZTherapy were delivered by UPS at about 7:00 last night.  This morning I took a couple pictures (because they will never look this shiny again) and then took them to my mechanic for installation and tuning.  I've posted the pictures for those who haven't seen what one gets in the box from ZTherapy.

http://tinyurl.com/pgajmmc

Dennis

• Like 2

My rebuilt carbs from ZTherapy were delivered by UPS at about 7:00 last night.  This morning I took a couple pictures (because they will never look this shiny again) and then took them to my mechanic for installation and tuning.  I've posted the pictures for those who haven't seen what one gets in the box from ZTherapy.

http://tinyurl.com/pgajmmc

Dennis

Pure art!

Was the diff clunk the worn u joint?

Partially. I've had the car up on jack stands idling in 1st gear and it would visibly rock inside of the mustache bar. I've since welded a 3/8" plate to the mustache bar and run in bolts, rather than studs which completely eliminated the rocking, but there was still a small amount of play and some binding happening. I assumed it was the differential since I welded the spider gears in it.

The driveshaft '70 non servicable driveshaft I removed had a blown u joint on the differential side and replacing it with with 280zx shaft that I shortened completely removed ALL play in the driveline.

There is still vibration that begins at 58 mph, and exponentially increases with speed, but will vary with appied torque if that makes any sense. I feel again that this is the differential, possibly from the significant amount of wire welding I've significant doesn't to the carrier, with worn bearings, but possibly it's just the u joint half shafts.

If the trouble exists after a cv swap and sti last swap... I'll be upset.

Yesterday I purchased a !982 280ZX NA 5 speed for a parts car. Going to pull the engine/transmission and r200 to augment my 77 280Z 2+2 auto. Are there any other parts that I might use for my 280Z? Will the pedals transfer to the 280Z?

Pardon my grammars.... Samsung issue.

Mount Robson

post-23609-0-87900900-1433979150_thumb.j

Just finished a road trip to the Kamloops area, roughly 2,000 km round trip with the new transmission. Epic! Lots of scenery along the way and thumbs up from passers by and round crews. 3rd gear has some enormous pull. Shifting from 2nd at 7000 rpm to 3rd is like turning on nitrous.

Edited by oranngetang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mike locked this topic