IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

The chemical seizing was due to the cast holes in the timing cover that let water seep into the 3 bolt holes of the oil pump. The fourth oil pump bolt with no hole came out easy.

The water pump and the scroll in the timing cover were minty as well as the head internals. the motor looked like it was just broken in.

post-6852-0-85839700-1431768205_thumb.jp post-6852-0-44351500-1431768209_thumb.jp

The only corroded bolt on the timing cover:

post-6852-0-02622500-1431768211_thumb.jp

Strange to see an N42/N42 combo in a 280zx with all the EFI and PS bolted to it.

Having driven a 70 MGB, (mirrors located forward) sure you can see something, just not enough to do you much good. In all fairness, if you drive one long enough, it is possible to "adapt" to them & actually use them. I remember it was my sore neck(from looking over my shoulders) that finally made me use them.

I can see good enough but not as good as i could with my door mirrors i had before.

When i first had mounted these fender mirrors it was kind of scary to drive but you adapt fast and now its not an issue.

So i must say they are functional.

I have fender mirrors on my 10/69 Fairlady ZL, very functional. There's no need to turn your head much to see what's in either lane when changing lanes. I have mine adjusted so if I see just a part of an approaching car, no lane changes, and you don't take your eyes off whats in front of you. The LHD 240z with the door mirror you have to look almost at a 45 degree angle to see what's on the right, no passenger side mirror.

• Mike locked this topic