IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Just finished replacing the heater hoses on my 77'.  The PO had bypassed the heater valve, my guess, trying to get rid of a leak.  I found leaks at the heater core and at the blower chimney.  Replaced the heater core and POR 15 patched around the chimney. Turns out the heater valve is in good condition with no leaks.  Saved me 200 bucks on a new valve! But Geeez, I would almost rather do a spindle pin than to do that again..

Got Mr. Brown out of winter storage, fired him up, and took a reasonably brisk drive up Colorado 14 up Poudre Canyon (google it) to the top of Cameron Pass and back. I love the way you are so connected to the road...every bump or imperfection plays right through the steering wheel and your butt with instant feedback. 

Cheers, Mike

Spent too much on MSA for next week's projects, then removed and greased half-shafts, removed driveshaft and replaced trans output shaft seal, topped off fluid, bled brakes, and then went for a drive. Z is coming out of hibernation well.

• Mike locked this topic