IGNORED

What I Did Today

siteunseen

25 years ago (well, closer to 50 years for some of us) boats, blondes and beer WAS comfort. Staying home was agony. I can't imagine being cooped up these days if I was still a young man. All that adrenaline and testosterone going to waste. Not good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Yikes! Sounds hot outside. 

Maybe, but he's not in Phoenix! 10pm and it's already cooled off to 97 degrees. I think it only got to 108 this afternoon. When I get up in the morning it'll be about 88 degrees. But it's a dry heat... (still, I'd rather have this than the humidity)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cgsheen1 said:

Maybe, but he's not in Phoenix! 10pm and it's already cooled off to 97 degrees. I think it only got to 108 this afternoon. When I get up in the morning it'll be about 88 degrees. But it's a dry heat... (still, I'd rather have this than the humidity)

Do most homes /parking lots have shaded areas to park cars? I would think it would be unbearable to get into a car unless it has tint/AC and probably a sunshade.

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

That's a fantastic pic!! Is that the summer that Bryan Adams talked so much about?

That's a picture of a picture taken in March or April 1992 the very first time I took it out on the water, so it was "back in the summer of '92".

It was a little cold still, we are wearing long sleeve shirts, but I'd just bought it and had to see what I got for $4,000. One of my favorite days, one of her worst. You see she wanted to get married but I said we were too young and didn't have the money. So I go and buy that boat. She was pissed. :victorious:

11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Looks like it could outrun the virus.  Is that "100" I see on the engine, or more?  Don't recognize the brand.

That's a stock 2.4 liter Mariner, 150 HP.

Mariners were Mercury's way of selling the same motor at competing dealerships back then. Now they are only sold outside the United States but the same motor still. That would run about 75 mph at 6,500 rpm, just enough to get excited. Not fast but almost. Then I bought a 2.5 Mercury 200 horse. It was scary fast, like "stop this damn boat and let me out" fast. The speedometers on boats are not very accurate but a friend's brother bought the first portable GPS I'd ever seen. It was $3,000 in 1995. With that I got it up to 101 mph one evening when the water was slick and I was wasted. 24 pitch prop would turn 8,500 rpm in a quarter mile, my top end prop was a 28 pitch. I could turn it 8,200. Lots of fun back then until all the jet skis covered the water. I sold it for $7,500 and bought a Suzuki 750 gsxr.

Image preview

• Like 3