Mike

New Site Upgrade

Mike......I wanted to update one of my threads. I used to go to "Profile" then on the left side, I could go to "Started Threads" and see all threads that I had ever started so I could update previous threads. It is now impossible to see "Started Threads". Any ideas how to find them?

Guy

Guy, I found it.  What you are looking for is under the "View New Content" button at the top of every page.  If you look at the options to the left, you'll see one for "Items I Started"...  Make sure you have that selected and you can find your stuff very easily.

post-2-0-87315300-1415395290_thumb.png

Just noticed our member numbers don't seem to be displayed anywhere any more. If MSA asks to verify my membership, ya'll will vouch for me, won't ya?

Just noticed our member numbers don't seem to be displayed anywhere any more. If MSA asks to verify my membership, ya'll will vouch for me, won't ya?

Of course!  (this is on my to do list)   B)  :blink:

Slowly getting use to the new site. Im starting to like it more than the old one. Even with the old sites shortcomings I could still find my way around easily.

Reading through this thread has also been a great help with all the little tips & tricks to get around and find things.

My android app doesn't work atm, but I suspect that will come later when time and workload permits.

Mike, Thanks for all the hard work. I understand all to well what it means for a software upgrade. We just went through it with a PCS (Process Control System) in a large scale cell culture plant.

Cheers

Chas

Mike,

Just discovered that the paste function does not work for internet explorer? I'm using Chrome for this post, but I tried to paste some text a few minutes ago while logged in with IE and it didn't work. Is that just me?

Also not sure if it's just my end, but I'm not seeing any difference in the fonts. Are you seeing a difference at your end?

Well at least it's not just me. Not sure that's a good thing or not though. Apparently there have been issues with IE11 and IPB in the past. They recently released an upgrade that was supposed to fix it? I can post a link if I log in with Chrome, but not with IE:

http://www.ipbfocus.com/forums/topic/7346-ipboard-347-released/

Seems hard to believe that such a simple function on something so universally used would be an issue?

Hi Mike:

I can't really give much feed back at this point - the problem I have is - I can hardly see the tiny fonts - made worse by the faded gray ink.  I access the site via a 24" high resolution monitor - so I'm seeing about 90% White Space.

I'm not quit blind yet - but I don't use mobile devices because of the tiny screens...

Although in this "reply box" - I can set things large enough and dark enough to see.  LOL

Am I missing some "personal settings" that could cure this?

thanks,

Carl

• Like 1

I'm having trouble using the "link" feature to add a URL to a post. When I use this feature a dialog box opens to paste in the link but then I cannot accept/close (or even cancel) to get out of the dialog box.  Anyone else having this problem, I'm using IE 11 on Win 7.

Mike

The problem I am having is with using the link feature, the chain link icon to add a URL to a post. Here are a couple of screen captures. When I get to this point the "OK or Cancel" buttons won't close the dialog box and I have to use the task manager to close the session of IE to close. The second image shows what happens if I use the "x" in the upper right of the Link dialog box, but this dialog box won't cancel either.

post-7818-0-60535100-1415747641_thumb.jp

post-7818-0-29681700-1415747652_thumb.jp

Weird that the grammar is poor in the dialog box.  "Are you sure to close the dialog?" Maybe it's some weird virus or phishing scheme.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50352-new-site-upgrade/page-4#entry458452

I just went through the chain icon in the "More reply options" page to put the above link in.  No problems, I clicked "OK" and I'm back here.

But I can cut and paste and get the same effect - http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50352-new-site-upgrade/page-4#entry458452

I'm using Chrome with Win 7.

post-19298-0-48773300-1415748462_thumb.p

Looks like a phishing scheme.  Hope you didn't put your email address in there.  Attached a picture of the dialog box I get.  Yours asks for email, mine doesn't.

post-19298-0-15703400-1415748616_thumb.p

No one else has mentioned this but my Mac devices with Firefox and Safari Mobile show the photo at the top of the home page bleeding over other content.

attachicon.gifzcar.jpg

Ok, it took me awhile to find this issue, but, I finally solved it.  The graphic on the main page had some strange code, so it wasn't scaling correctly.  It's fixed now, please take a look and let me know if it looks ok on your iPad.

m

I can see!! New, darker and bolder fonts in replies and displays make it much easier to read.  And font header colors ( Blue ) making also easier to read than the former gray.  . And I get squiggly RED lines under halff of mye wooords now . Spell check works!! Thanks Mike embeer.gif

Now if you can just eliminate the washout in " Quoted Replies " it would be just about there ...

" Reply To This Topic " radio button link in lower left corner still not working though. Progress being made though. Keep up the good work Mike thumbup.gif

Edit: Noticed that " Smiley Gifs " from outside sites work now. Before they showed in Editor but not in actual post.

Edited by Chickenman

The problem I am having is with using the link feature, the chain link icon to add a URL to a post. Here are a couple of screen captures. When I get to this point the "OK or Cancel" buttons won't close the dialog box and I have to use the task manager to close the session of IE to close. The second image shows what happens if I use the "x" in the upper right of the Link dialog box, but this dialog box won't cancel either.

CanTech, it looks to me like a browser compatibility issue. The dialog is showing you all options on the same window and it won't let you cancel. If you have an old version of Internet Explorer, I'd upgrade to the latest version. This new site has a lot of new features for modern browsers. I've also heard that chrome works very well too.

CanTechZ,

I get the same thing.

This is another incompatibility issue with IE 11. Just like the paste flaw. Only way I've found around it is to use a different browser like Chrome.

Out of curiosity, are you on HybridZ? Because I've been dealing with both these issues on Hybrid for a while now and because of that I have to use Chrome when I'm over there. Everywhere else (until now) I've been able to stick with IE, but I've been using Chrome there for a while. I'm assuming the underlying software for both sites is the same mfgr now.

Mike, Reply font look better now. Thanks! I am in agreement with the rest of the crowd that the quoted font still needs some work, but the rest of it is easier to read.

Any idea how deep the paste and link use issues go? I'm assuming that since there is chatter about these issues elsewhere (picked up by web search) that it's not an easy fix. Still can't believe that in this day and age, something could possibly leave the manufacturer's stable with this level of incompatibilities with such a prevalent browser.

In-con-ceivable!

In-con-ceivable!

That really is un-be-lievable!

You have a great gift for rhyme.

Yes, yes, some of the time.

Enough of that.

Are there rocks ahead?

If there are, we all be dead.

No more rhymes now, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?

Captain,

I'm not on HybridZ but I am having the same paste issues as you.

Edit:  Also how does reply with quote work, I used the reply with quote button but the quote box doesn't show up?