IGNORED

Here I go again

Smokey

Originally posted by Smokey

I just can't convince myself that I don't "need" a Z. I feel a fever comin on.

Smokey:

When I sold Bambikiller's older brother ( a 71 that I'd spent 3 years rebuilding from a bare shell) back in 1986, I tried to tell myself that I didn't need a Z anymore. For over a decade I kept trying to tell myself that story. Over, and over, and over. Finally in 1999 I admitted defeat and bought the one that I have now. I've been so much happier with a Z back in my life.

For some of use there isn't cure, once you've been bitten by the bug!

Carl

In regard to the interior photo posted by Smokey.

In USA, does the centre console come with an arm rest or is this an add on?

In Oz, I have never seen one. We usually just have dish so that things can bounce out when we travel over our fair highways and byways.

Originally posted by biker

In regard to the interior photo posted by Smokey.

In USA, does the centre console come with an arm rest or is this an add on?

In Oz, I have never seen one. We usually just have dish so that things can bounce out when we travel over our fair highways and byways.

For 240Z's the armrest was an aftermarket item that was widely available from mail-order parts companies, and some dealers also bought them in bulk and added them to new cars (along with aluminum wheels and stripe kits, A/C, etc to pad the sale price and profit margin). They were never available from Nissan as far as I know.

I think they were a Factory authorized option, but you had to buy them through the parts department at the dealer and have them installed.

www.zhome.com has a list of all the optional equipment, ski rack, luggage bar, floor mats, A/C and of course shift knobs...

Not sure if they were offered before 72 though....

Funny thing, I don't see the luggage cover in there..:ermm:

Ooooo, thanks for the link, that will help me out some... Going over the post I realised how good of a deal I got on the trade :eek: Especially considering the condition it's in, oh and that i'm now completely in love with it to :classic:

-Ben

*edit* on another note, the wing has now been removed... time for new pics :D

The arm rest is a nice piece. Pretty soft for comfort, and easy to remove when you want to row through the gears.

Carl, I do understand that danged Z bug. My '72 I bought cause my CRX got totaled, and I liked the body style. While I owed it, I became very fond of the car on so many different levels. As the buyer was driving it off, I choked back a tear and vowed I would have another one, when I could treat it right.

OK, I just got back from talking to Rock. I saw the last repair order for the '70. $1500 worth of work between radiator, hoses, master cylinder, and some other things were done. Only thing left to do was sway bar bushings. He worked on it before the paint job, and said that it had very little if any rust on it. He remembers it to be a nice car. This was about a year ago. Since then the $4000 paint job has been done, with new emblems, and new rubber seals.

This one is looking very promising. Talked to loan officer too. Gonna try and get it by the end of the week. Hope I can get it all worked out.

Smokey, The weather is getting too nice!!I love my Elkin to asheville day runs along the Blue ridge parkway.Remember they allow NO commercial traffic.During a week day sometimes after a good run I just put the car in neutral to see how far I can coast!!That is freedom at its finest!! I can go fast or slow 'cause I'm all there is on the best mountain roads ever made!!! Get One!! I want to meet you there!

Daniel, what have you got against us truck drivers eh?ROFL :devious:

Smokey, as long as Rock can attest to the condition of the car, I'd say it's at least worth a second look or maybe a third.... The biggest question you have to ask yourself is if one might come along later as nice for less money... If you can't answer that, then maybe this is the one! Good luck, and let us know how it comes out....

Daniel, I love the Parkway. Lived on it right at the Ahoe Gap in Boone for 4 months while in school. The scenery is awesome to be sure.

2Many, Rock's words were "This is the second nicest 240 I have seen lately". That statement pretty much seals the deal for me. Based on what the owner and Rock have said, the price is going to be right on the money. Especially since I get original wheels and 3 D hubcaps, with the '70 radio in a box. I think the clock even works.

I had wanted to do a little "tweaking" on the car originally, but I have come to be very fond of keeping it original and showing it. I did not think I would be fortunate enough to come across a series I, with all the pieces out here. I am really getting stoked about this car, in case you can't tell.

Originally posted by Smokey

I am really getting stoked about this car, in case you can't tell.

Well, be sure to keep us all appraised of how the dealing goes. Keep your eyes open for anything that, doesn't look right, and don't let your heart get ahead of your mind while examining it. If this is the one you really want you'll know it, but you don't need to tip your hand to the seller.

Examine that area of "minor rust" unde the battery tray carefully. If the engine compartment was repainted when the rest of the car was done (a year a go you said?) , signs of rust may indicate that pre-existing rust was not properly addressed before paint. There could be more hiding. If is just recent "minor rust" starting to form, address it yourself immediately (or as quickly as possible) to preserve your investment!

Focus Grasshopper!

Carl