IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

Looking good Chris. The bracing looks very neat and tidy. Did you get that idea from someone or your own inventiveness? Are you doing this because you can't use the tower brace over the bmw engine?

Must be a pleasure to work on now all the metal is so clean.

47 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

Looking good Chris. The bracing looks very neat and tidy. Did you get that idea from someone or your own inventiveness? Are you doing this because you can't use the tower brace over the bmw engine?

Must be a pleasure to work on now all the metal is so clean.

Thanks Chas, ideas, who knows where they come from, some are mine some are stolen. Yes can't put a brace over the engine so I thought I would try to stabilize things a different way.  But I have just found out a few days ago that I don't have to have the stock air box now that I'm using a stand alone FI management system,  the air box was the reason I couldn't have the brace bar in the first place,            oh man.:facepalm:So much for my ideas.

I may end up with something like this, in which case I would have plenty of room for a cross brace.

The car is a joy to work on now, I'm dipping every project from now on.

itb's filters.jpg

Edited by grannyknot

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Thanks Chas, ideas, who knows where they come from, some are mine some are stolen. Yes can't put a brace over the engine so I thought I would try to stabilize things a different way.  But I have just found out a few days ago that I don't have to have the stock air box now that I'm using a stand alone FI management system,  the air box was the reason I couldn't have the brace bar in the first place,            oh man.:facepalm:So much for my ideas.

I may end up with something like this, in which case I would have plenty of room for a cross brace.

The car is a joy to work on now, I'm dipping every project from now on.

I don't mind stolen ideas. Prevents a lot of R&D & redo work;). I never get it right first timewall.gif

If you can fit the brace, I think I would do it. With the other braces you made, you should not need to brace the towers back to the centre of the firewall. That would help keep it clean.

I can imagine dipping would be addictive. It really looks clean.

Finally finished the welding today :Yes: So glad, feels like I have been welding all winter.    P/S rail was pretty banged up so had to do some surgery to get it to fit inside the Baddog rail, I'm sure after I look at it for a while I will pull the welder back out and start filling in and fine tunning but for now have to clean the shop and get ready for primer prep.

DSCN1280.JPGDSCN1284.JPGDSCN1285.JPGDSCN1287.JPGDSCN1298.JPGDSCN1290.JPGDSCN1291.JPGDSCN1292.JPGDSCN1293.JPGDSCN1299.JPG

• Like 3