IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

No, the new studs are now proper length, the pic above shows how much thread is engauged in each case, the stock studs are technically not long enough for after market aluminum mags although I'll bet most of us have driven thousands of miles under the same conditions.

14 hours ago, Careless said:

i'd slap a baseplate behind that bottom corner bar

Like this,

DSCN0866.JPGSeems a shame to cut such a small piece off of a full rocker panel but then I haven't taken the car down to bare metal yet so who knows what other rot I will find it comes back from the dippers.

DSCN0867.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well there is not too much to it, you can do springs in between the bars if you like. The plastic wheels are off those clothesline thingys, I looked for the old kind with the aluminum wheels but my local hardware store didn't carry them. The welded piece on the bottom is some scrap that I put on so it could be held in a vice.

DSCN0978.JPGDSCN0977.JPGDSCN0979.JPGDSCN0980.JPG

• Like 2

I like the tube straighener a lot, been meaning to build one for a while.

I spotted a bunch of sliding door hardware at a good door and window supply store in town (Chinook Glass on 16th near Center). There were several of these grooved style wheels in a variety of sizes, all metal, and some much smaller than the close line wheels. Not sure size matters in THIS case, but... 

Everytime I go to replace yet ANOTHER broken window crank or window opening mech. on a couple of the "better" window's in the house, I see them, can't remember the size I need, leave without them and the cycle repeats.

http://www.chinookglass.com/product-category/parts-catalog/sliding-patio-door/roller/

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1