IGNORED

71 Garage Find

northernz

Mine has a plastic fan and is from 5/71, should it then have had the metal fan instead ?

Yes - as original equipment production in 5/71 had metal fans. However, given the reasons for the change to the lighter weight plastic fan's - It is a good idea to replace the metal fan's with the plastic one's for any street driven Z. The plastic fan might cost you a couple points in a Stock Class at a Judged Show…but it reduces the risk of early water pump failure - or damage to the radiator/hood etc if the metal fan breaks away..

FWIW,

Carl B.

She hit $10,000 with almost two days left. Have any of you taken a look in person?

I'm curious of a couple things:

1. If the seller tried to turn the engine over by hand, or simply turned the key, to no avail.

2. If the winning bidder will actually follow through with the purchase. Too many times I've had a vehicle auction end with winning bidder messaging, "Sorry I have a family emergency, can't buy the vehicle," without even looking at the car/truck. It is on Bring A Trailer so I'm sure that's bringing more attention.

Edited by 73str86
addition