IGNORED

Introducing ourselves formally to the Classic Z Car Forum - Datsun Spirit Inc.

25 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Did that Datsun Spirit stealing an engine thread get deleted.  I can’t find it now and tried to post on it  and it failed,  I think it was deleted.  That was the most insane thread I’ve read on here.  

It was probably beyond time to pull the plug.  We weren't making things better for the OP in many ways.

8 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Did that Datsun Spirit stealing an engine thread get deleted.  I can’t find it now and tried to post on it  and it failed,  I think it was deleted.  That was the most insane thread I’ve read on here.  

That's only because you weren't around in the early days for ZMeFly. 

He scammed people, had his girlfriend post that he had died, and then scammed her. She came back to this site and told the truth.

If you're wondering why the recent thread was deleted, read Mike's last post in this thread.

The other ZMEFLY thread is educational in that it shows that just because you hide what happens over here doesn't mean it stops happening elsewhere.  The focus of the previous thread here was educating RabbitZ about how things are done in the automotive hobby world and about how Datsun Spirit was not a crook.  Anybody who had questions about RabbitZ or about Eiji/Datsun Spirit could have read the thread and learned the truth.  Now the truth has been buried.  RabbitZ will probably continue on various other internet discussions to vent his frustration at Eiji and sully his reputation.  Anyone reading or hearing the stories might do more searching and would have found the truth here on classiczcars.com.  Not now.  Burying the thread doesn't really help anyone.  It just hides an uncomfortable situation.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Agree 1

Maybe so, but the thread title might be seen by a potential DS customer who then doesn't take the time to read through all the posts to get to the truth.  It's not fair to DS to have their brand tarnished for what was at most an unfortunate misunderstanding.  The customer and DS should have done a better job detailing the expectations, but the customer should have never moved forward without funds in hand to pay.  Hoping you have funds in 12 months is a recipe for failure which is what the end result was.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I think it would have been best to have at least closed the thread from further comments. 

Much like posting warning signs around a mine field so it doesn't claim more victims. 

28 minutes ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Maybe so, but the thread title might be seen by a potential DS customer who then doesn't take the time to read through all the posts to get to the truth. 

You're kind of making my point.  RabbitZ can go out and do the same thing all over the internet.  You can't make people learn but you can provide them with the material to learn if they put the effort in.  Anyone who only reads titles probably shouldn't be working with Datsun Spirit anyway.

RabbitZ started a thread accusing Eiji of Datsun Spirit of scheming to steal his engine by performing work on it when RabbitZ just wanted him to store it for most of the year until he got his funds in order.  Once RabbitZ showed the correspondence the bulk of the thread was spent explaining that Eiji had done nothing wrong and that RabbitZ had assumed things that were unreasonable.  There was much back and forth and, I would guess that somebody complained directly to Mike, Mike just deleted the whole thing.

The lesson learned is that complex personal subjects should not be discussed on the forum.  

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

Thanks for the summary. From the context, I figured it was something like that, but I'm surprised it spun up and got out of hand that quickly. I usually check the forum at once or twice a day and I completely missed the whole thing.

In any event, I'm hoping that all parties involved get the satisfaction they are looking for. I'll stop bumping this thread and let it go back to sleep.   :ph34r:

• Like 2