IGNORED

ABOUT TO BUY THIS 240Z.. What u Reckon?

Hawkwind

Where is 3000 klms from Sydney end up

It is either Mackay, Tasmania, Adelaide or that other state ummm New Zealand.:D

Would it not be nice for members to have theie state or at least their country of origin showing up on their Id. Can't we make this a must fill field to be displayed

:love:

Originally posted by biker

It is either Mackay, Tasmania, Adelaide or that other state ummm New Zealand.:D

LOLROFL

Congratulations Hawkwind. Hope your new car is what you were after.

I'm interested to hear where this guy that loves his Z's is with 4 for sale and 30 wrecks? It wouldn't be Sportsclassic would it?

Cheers

My sentiments exactly George, I think Carlos just sold another good Zed.

Hawkwind, when you can, let us see some pics, and tell us all what The new Zed is like.

Its a great investment enjoy it to the max

Cheers

Steve:classic: :classic:

I agree that I'd like to know where people that post are living, but if that field is made mandatory for resgistration on the site, the majority of those people who currently do not complete that information, will simply fill it in with meaningless info such as "God's Green Earth" or "Paradise on Main Street". This happens on eBay all the time. Even when a specific geographical location is listed you cannot be sure that it has any basis in reality.

Just something to think about.

Hello

I think that I may be familiar with the white car you were considering buying. I believe it is the same one I looked at here in Sydney about 6-7 years ago when I first started looking to buy a 240z. At the time it was for sale in Kirribilli here in NSW.

It was in OK condition back then, but wasnt the car I was looking for. Big plus I guess is that back then it had the original L24 in it. It did have metal patches welded into both frame rails on the underside in the engine compartment area. The interior was also pretty trashed back then. It also had different wheels on it, factory 260z mags.

Steve, Im interested to know why you say it wasnt a white car from the factory based on the photographs that have been supplied. I have seen many cars with a black engine bay and it was common practice to rust proof the engine bay area of the car when new; the finish commonly being black.

You are right though, it definately wasnt a white car from the factory. I am of the belief that it was actually silver as the floor pans on the inside of the car are silver.

Hawkwind, you must let us know where you found this stash of 240z's for sale here in Sydney. It probably is Carlos, but I would like to know for sure.

If Carlos has so many z cars in his yard, why when I call him does he tell me he has no parts? Maybe just me I guess ;>

Let us know about the $16k 260z that is for sale as well.

I also want to disagree with the thread discussion a little. It is fair enough to buy a good car to begin with, something that someone has poured countless $ into, but where is the fun in that. I as a 240z owner enjoy fixing my car up bit by bit and spending money on it and improving it and making it into the car that I want, as I bet a lot of owners of z cars out there also believe in.

It is very hard to find a good z car here in Australia, I looked for over 5 years for a good 240z in original condition. At the end of the day I settled on a car that I could see had the potential to be what I wanted it to be, and I could make it into what I wanted it to be.

I paid $6000 for mine about 4 years ago. If I sold it today as it is I would ask $10000, but I definately wouldnt get my money back.

If you want an investment, leave the classic cars alone and go and buy some land. You will never get back what you put into a car when it comes time to sell it.

Sorry to go against the grain.

Joseph

Originally posted by 240 in OZ

I also want to disagree with the thread discussion a little. It is fair enough to buy a good car to begin with, something that someone has poured countless $ into, but where is the fun in that. I as a 240z owner enjoy fixing my car up bit by bit and spending money on it and improving it and making it into the car that I want, as I bet a lot of owners of z cars out there also believe in.

Joseph, and all, I like to sit on the fence with this one. I think that buying a half decent car is the way to go. With these old cars there's always something to be improved so no matter how much you spend you can spend a bit more. I don't think you could buy a car that you are completely 100% happy with (even if it's just rolled off the showroom floor) so no matter how much you spend, be it a heap of s**t or a nice example, you will always have the pleasure of tweaking it.

cheers

carlos has a lot of zeds in his yard but bugger all 240's. the problem is he parts come of of wrecks that have no cover so alot of them are stuffed. he's got alot of mechanical stuff, diff's gearboxes, mounts, that kind of thing.

240z in OZ,

If you look at the compliance plate the colour other than black appears to be 918 Kalhari Tan, a Dulon colour that is the right age for a Zed with a chassis number HS30 00738 compliance 5/71. So My guess is that Zed Came from the factory as 918 Kalhari Tan.

My 2c

Steve:classic:

Steve

Hmmmm, looks more like rust to me ;>

If this is the case it is definately not the car that I saw all those years ago as the one I looked at was definately originally silver.

BTW, next time you plan on heading south from Newcastle give me a shout and we can hook up. Im only about 10 min drive off the Sydney-Newcastle freeway.

Joseph