IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

Well, that's what I thought.... but upon doing a small test area for paint removal over the rear quarter i encountered 4 layers of paint and primer and some heavy bondo around a replaced lower quarter panel.... This is not a "virgin" restoration apparently!! Your thread will be my bible for restoring my Z.

A million thank you's for documenting your extremely well done project! 

....and if you ever feel like coming for a drive north, you will have a warm reception at the Edmonton Z Car Club!

Well, that's what I thought.... but upon doing a small test area for paint removal over the rear quarter i encountered 4 layers of paint and primer and some heavy bondo around a replaced lower quarter panel.... This is not a "virgin" restoration apparently!! Your thread will be my bible for restoring my Z.

A million thank you's for documenting your extremely well done project! 

....and if you ever feel like coming for a drive north, you will have a warm reception at the Edmonton Z Car Club!

Thanks for the invite! Canada is on my bucket list. :)

Just curious... what has your timeline been? When did you start and how many hours/month have you put in?

Well I started back in September '13. So about a year and a half. I couldn't tell you the amount of hours put into it, but I will say there was many long weekends involved and a few hours a night. I would guess roughly 10 - 20 hours a week.

• Like 1

I got a new windshield and my rear hatch glass installed yesterday. I opted to have the professionals come out and do this job. Im glad I did because they did an amazing job. I used the Precision seals that I got with my weatherstrip kit and they thought they worked great. No gaps or anything. Still trying to decide to reinstall the metal trim.....

20150122_153629.jpg

20150122_155004.jpg

20150122_155012.jpg

20150122_155020.jpg

• Like 2