IGNORED

New addition to the garage...

You are lucky to have the fog lights, they are very expensive to replace.

Be prepared to get the word "cute" a lot from everybody. My little sister, "That is soooo cute. What is it? I want it".

Did it come with the hardtop? I'm looking for one for mine, but the fog lights will have to wait.

Bonzi Lon

VERY Nice. Lucky you.

Back in the fall of 1969 I was out looking/driving a couple different sports cars available - MGB, MGB/GT, Triumph Spitfire and TR6. One day I stopped in to Valley Datsun in Spokane Wa. where I first saw a 2000 roadster. The sales man took me for a drive in a red roadster that had just come off the truck. WOW!!! So much fun and fast. I ordered one right then. Unfortunately, not to much later, he showed me the first brochure for the 240Z. I dropped my roadster order and replaced it with a Z order. Still like the roadsters.

My very first Datsun was a '68 2000. They were so much better than the British cars of the era it wasn't even close...reliable, started every time, no oil leaks, roll-up windows, no weird electrical system, 5 spd tranny, easy to work on, etc. I had a blast with it. To drive it fast all you had to do was point it at the corner and punch it...whoooeee. Yours is beautiful. Enjoy the ride.

Cheers, Mike

Congrats on the new Roadster! Got one in my garage as well, though mine is still about 4 months away from being complete. The lines on the car are just gorgeous. The hood and front end have some of the best lines. Love the color also.

Best regards,

Rich

post-19125-14150828357456_thumb.jpg

Nice acquisition-and great keeping it in the family. I think you'll like the 5 speed.

Here's mine, although it is in desperate need of new paint.

post-20299-14150828358168_thumb.jpg

The main supplier for Roadster parts is near me and he's become a friend over the 20 years that I've had the car. Let me know if you need anything for it.

His site is datsunparts.com (NOT to be confused with datsunpartsllc who some have had issues with).

Edited by tlorber