Sign in to follow this  
Majik16106

Anyone know this car?

If you know what car can anyone tell me exactly what size offset and tire he is running? I know they are CCW wheels, but they are made custom, so i was wondering what he did. Im not good at tire sizing, and i dont wanna sit around with a tape measure to figure it out.

post-2967-14150792482152_thumb.jpg

I dont know, sometimes i like crazy, sometimes i like original, but almost never right inbetween, this car has a little of both, and i really liked it.

Nup...gotta lose those flares. Nice wheels are all it needs. Each to his own, though...

You're right - I definitely don't like the flares. The wheels..well, they're a tad on the Ricer-esqe side.... I prefer the older style Wolf alloys.

ah i see, hard to pick up sarcasm over the internet, Ricer.. no, not in the states, i know it might look like it, but CCW wheels are race wheels, extremely light weight, a favorite for road racers and autocrossers here(dont know if your aware of that) They are custom made per application, made to order. that car either is supposed to look like it does more than just sit around, or it actually does a lot more than just sit around, dont know, dont know who owns it. You obviously are more into keeping it original, thats cool. You must really hate all the hybrid swaps.

How right you are! Hybrid engine swaps used to really grate but now I regard them with a more Darwinian tolerance..ie its another form of evolution - might die out, might work, wait and see. What really gets my gander are people who use the terms 'original' and 'restored' yet their cars have momo seats, pearl paint schemes, L28 engines etc, etc... Original is original - I will not pay a premium for an 'original' car that has suffered a random attack by a customiser..!

Anyway, I'm just off to have a Bex and a nice lie down...

Excellent example of a tastefully modified Z. :love:

The only thing I would criticize would be the side mirror design, but I'm just being picky.

I must say that is a pretty sharp looking Z! From the pic the mods are not all that numerous...flares, rims, tires, and mirrors. It's hard to tell with the shadows but those tires look to be pretty darn big.

Just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Smokey

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Don't know bout the wheels, but DANG!! I am in love.

CCW, Complete Custom Wheels.

Awesome car, if you dont like it you dont like road racing cars - too bad :)

Originally posted by halz

The wheels..well, they're a tad on the Ricer-esqe side....

No offense dude, but you are absolutely positively talking out of your arse. Mesh styled wheels are almost always going to end up stronger, and lighter than other designs. Ricer wheels? I think not, forged and very lightweight for thier strength, and at a good price.

Ricer wheels are overweight, totally different offset, and you wont find any that wide either.

These are road race wheels and are highly regarded by Porsche owners just as much as us 240Z ricers. Maybe all you do is cruise around in your car and you dont like racing, thats fine, in the meanwhile let us enjoy being fast.

I guess this answers my post from earlier in the week whether if Fikse wheels (FM-10) would fit a z or not.

Would have gone with 17"s in lieu of 18"s though.

OK

I'll ask the question who is CCK. How to contact and order some wheels. What's the price for 17x7 4 bolts. with 108 circle. and 49-43mm offset.

www.ccwheel.com/ Wheel sets are around $1600 or so, I wouldn't bother with 7" skinnies, try to find something more readily available and cheaper. You can get 7-8" wide Centerlines for around $400.

A very tight looking ride!!! That is the look I want for my car! Ofcourse I would have gone with the JDM Fairlady sideview mirrors to top-off the look.

Brian:alien:

some guy on this site took a picture of that great looking z...i think he said it wasnt his...but he did a photoshop thing on that car with a hole bunch of colors it was pretty cool well i like the wheels and hate my stock 14's