IGNORED

For all CZCC members who get ZCCM, yes you!

arts.zccm

I'm looking for a few great Z-cars! If yours is one of them, get off your butt and get moving. Send me a paragraph or two of why you think your Z should be in the pages of the magazine. Attach a couple of pics and I'll decide if it is a feature or a BTW (look in the magazine to see what BTW means). You don't have to be a professional writer or photographer. You just need to do the best you can and I'll take it from there. Once I decide where it will go I will send you a guideline to follow for that specific section. I'm trying to fill spots for future issues and this is your chance to grab one of them. I would like to have all the issues mapped out for the entire year. If you have any questions, ask away.

Art Singer

ZCCM

I can relate to that Jeff. In the past I was burned as well for hundreds of dollars. Doing things differently now to keep that from happening and not so much for you as for myself. Some people think I'm crazy for doing this. I except that challenge :)

I can vouch for the ZCCM that it really is geared towards the Z car owner. Like the name implies, "Z Car CLUB Magazine." It's not like the old HotRod magazines that have dozens of how-to articles, because those are all supported by advertisements. ZCCM is more about YOU than adverts.

But as Art says, it's more about the grass-roots Z car or owner and the cubs, so we need to support him by getting the word out on the cars and clubs that us owners have. You get to shine in a way or have some bragging-rights, but it's all still done in very good taste.

And yes, I'd put my car in it if I thought it was worth talking about- it's still in-progress. I think it will be in a year or so- not just the car, but where I go with it! My barn has a wall filled with 30x45 laminated maps of where I ant to go (route 66, I-1, I-101, US-20...)

I know there are a lot of noteworthy cars out there. Her Majesty the 26th is one that should be in the magazine, and 0013 also; kats too. Even the modified ones are worth writing about.

Just talked to Lenny (superlen) this afternoon and his tech article on FI will be in the next issue of ZCCM (#7 - due to mail out the end of May). I'm doing something different in the magazine this time. For the first time a tech article will be a feature article in the magazine. I have reserved 4 to 5 pages for the first article. After that Lenny has offered to continue to do tech articles and updates in issues going forward. After talking to him I believe he will be a great addition to the magazine. This is the kind of support I wish I had 15 years ago. Anyone else want to step up?

• 9 months later...

To Mr Singer and all,

I just got the news about changes that are being made to the magazine, and I think it's a good idea.  Getting ZCCM every month is nicer than having to wait three or four months  for the next issue (we get ours at the "monthly" meetings that we have every 3 or 4 months.  It'll be a good justification for the money I spent on my 27 inch computer screen.(the magazine measures about 20 inches, diagonally.)

In any case, I think this is really a magazine that the Datsun S30 people will like, instead of a 50-page advertisement for Nissan Corporation cars.  Besides ZCCM, I like to read Grassroots Motorsports.  This magazie fills that place where Popular Hotrodding and CarCraft used to be at my house.  We subscribed intil they stopped being CAR cagazines and more like today's elitist tuff.

But I keep wondering if it's permitted, or even possible to print the stuff you see on the screen?

But just in case the populus is wondering:

changes that are being made to the magazine that I believe will make ZCCM more appealing to you. ZCCM is now going monthly with the online version. The print version will come out every 4th issue. Each four-month period is called a segment. There are three segments in a year (12 online versions and 3 print versions in total). The print version will contain all of the articles from the four-online versions plus extra content not found in the online versions including a series of centerfold illustrations of famous Datsun and Nissan racecars by Hector Cademartori. Along with the illustration will be a page on the history of the car and driver. These will become collector’s pieces that can only be found in the printed version of ZCCM.

Content list for online version:

(List changes from issue to issue depending on content submitted)

From the Editor

Moving Parts (parts & accessories)

Behind the Wheel (1 to 2 page write-up on readers car)

*Events Section (Z events from around the country)

*Since there are not many Z events held in the winter months,

this section will be replaced with BTW’s and DIY’s

Cover Story/Feature (5 to 6 pages)

DIY Section (How-to articles and product spotlights)

Partner Club Directory (updated list of club contacts)

Partner Club Happenings (will run in 4th issue of each segment)

Classified Section

Content list for print version:

From the Editor

Moving Parts (parts & accessories) (2 pages)

Behind the Wheel (1 to 2 page write-up on readers car) (1 to 4 articles)

*Events Section (Z events from around the country)

*Since there are not many Z events held in the winter months,

this section will be replaced with BTW’s and DIY’s

Cover Story/Feature (5 to 6 pages) (4 articles – 20 to 24 pages)

Datsun/Nissan Race Car Centerfold (illustration of famous race cars)

Race Car History (background and history of car and driver featured)

DIY Section (How-to articles and product spotlights)

Collector’s Corner (articles on Z memorabilia collectors)

Reader’s Corner (1 page forum for readers to speak their minds)

Events Section (Z events from around the country)

Partner Club Directory (updated list of club contacts)

Partner Club Happenings (will run in 4th issue of each segment)

Club Spotlight (different club spotlighted in each print issue)

Classified Section

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tomohawk, you're hired. I have been restructuring the pricing for the past month. Have brought down the price of an overall digital and print subscription already. Am working on reducing the digital cost as well. Advertising rates dropped too. 

The first print issue of this year is at the printer (for anyone that gets the print issue, its like getting a double issue now. I'm waiting for the call that it is ready. Heading to MSA with magazines in hand and to show off the original centerfold illustration that the artist will have there. If you are at MSA and have a subscription I will give you your magazine at that time and you can have the artist sign the centerfold if he's up to it. The Mr. K tribute turned out well. Looking forward to seeing it in print.

Been trying to contact Lenny about continuing the FI series but he's not responding. Is he still around?

The offer is still there for anyone to submit an article on their car. A good story and hi-res pictures is all it takes.

Does anyone know where you go to find out about advertising on this site?