IGNORED

HellFire Status & release date annouced

superlen

Tomohawk,

Yes, you will be able to hold your head high at the repair shop. Of course, they still will wonder where to plug their obd connector in. Take a usb cable with you. haha

Oh, and it's a medium size box...but put 5's in it and it will go faster. :) You will need 99 of them.

Lenny

I have been lurking around this thread for a while....I am pretty excited by this news. Did you mention that it uses a MAF or std. AFM???

Andrew,

Yes! You can use either one or neither of them. You can run Stock AFM, aftermarket MAF, or use the built in MAP sensor on the HellFire.

Len

Superlen, everything sounds great, I have been following since the beginning and am very interested. My Z is totally stock and has 50K mile on it and am looking forward to getting the new HellFire to see if I can get the millage up, I think I am running a little rich.

How about for HellTune - MixedInferno

Thanks for all the work.

Captain!!!! I was just logging in to PM you. How's the valve surgery holding on the wifemobile?

Yes. I needed a "bit" more to do between the hours or midnight and 6! Last night it was cloud server software (day job..in theory) that will translate nicely to the HellFire website.

Lenny

Yeah, I've been incognito. Busy on ten million things, some Z and some not (like the wifemobile). I'm still reading the forum, but I'm not posting much. Surgery on the wifemobile seems to be holding together but we stopped driving it a few days ago (again) because it threw a code and needs a new O2 sensor. Hopefully that's all it is.

I've got the Z in the garage, all four corners up on blocks. Redoing all four corners of suspension. I've got two goals for today. 1) Get the Family Truckster back in operation and 2) Completely disassemble the steering rack for the Z and clean out all the old chunky grease.

I'm planning to post a couple pics of neat stuff I learned about the steering rack when I get more time.

Completely disassemble the steering rack for the Z and clean out all the old chunky grease.

I'm planning to post a couple pics of neat stuff I learned about the steering rack when I get more time.

Looking forward to seeing photo's. When I did mine I didn't take any photo's and regret it ever since.

Mine had a loose left inner knuckle, so I ground through the tack welds and retentioned it to the specs in the FSM. That was probably the biggest improvement. Cleaned and regreased it and put it back together. It works a lot smoother now.

Lenny: My post is a little of track, but I couldn't resist a replying.

Cheers Chas

Chas, I don't want to hijack either, but wanted to let you know that I'll upload my pics when I get the chance.

The only thing I did NOT take apart on my rack was the inner tie rod ends. I've got them OFF, but I didn't take them apart. I considered grinding the welds like you did, but I've got no detectable play and simply can't justify the effort. I'll start a thread soon and we can talk the finer points of the steering rack. :)