IGNORED

the winter from hell

zhead240

My DD Tacoma 4x4 was totaled in January when a woman forgot how to turn and plowed into me nearly head-on. It did $6500 in suspension damage, so the insurance company totaled it. Rather than look for another truck right away, I am driving a '97 Honda Accord that my dad gave me when he moved to Phoenix. Normally, driving a FWD car in the winter wouldn't be a big deal, but this winter is killing me.

This morning, I went to leave for work and I got stuck in my driveway. The snow was just deep enough that it beached itself and then the front tires dug down to an ice layer and that was enough to bury it. It took 45 minutes of digging and rocking before I could get it unstuck. Once moving, it almost got stuck again. Arrrrgggghhhhh. :angry:

Out recent weather is typical for Amarillo but also extreme. Last Thursday night 4" of snow. Friday 30* F. Sat it hit 65* and snow all gone. Sun was freezing fog and now 10 am Mon it's snowing. As they say around here " if you don't like the weather, just wait an hour and it will be different".

Just saw the local five day forecast and it will be 87 degrees here on Valentines day. Probably about 92 with the wind chill. :)

Dennis

Dennis, that is very funny.

Actually, I have encountered the warm wind chill; the Sun Downers - the evening warming when the wind compresses when flowing down the mountainsides.

Mike

Dennis, that is very funny.

Actually, I have encountered the warm wind chill; the Sun Downers - the evening warming when the wind compresses when flowing down the mountainsides.

Mike

Gotta love the Foehn winds. I live at the base of an 11,000 foot mountain.

Currently: 83º & Sunny

Dennis

This weather makes me wish I was in the Mountains of Colorado. NJ sucks in this weather it is not setup to wear the snow can be used for any fun or get getting it out of the way. The salt is so heavy on the streets and sidewalks in a five minute drive it looks like a took a trip down the salt flats.