IGNORED

Old pictures of your first Z

Diseazd

I got my first 240Z in 1980. It was a very rusty '73. I replaced the entire front end, all of both sides , except for the last 12"s, the driver floor board and the passenger side frame rail. It had triple Webers, heasders, Koni's and a show quality paint job. Had it till 1987, when the Webers malfunctioned, threw gas on the header and burned it to a crisp!

It was a seriously quick, fun car. Enough to give me Z fever for life. I have owned four 240Z's.

There are a couple more pictures of it in my gallery.

Marty

post-874-14150827184868_thumb.jpg

Bought this right out of high school - so this is sometime in 1978. It was my first Z. 1973 White exterior / Red interior. Removable baskets on the wheels - depending on my mood for the day baskets in or baskets out.

Naturally she ended up with rust problems so I figured I would take it to a body shop and have fiberglass replacement parts installed. Ended up I wanted it black so I told the body shop to give it a paint job and put on the fiberglass replacement parts (rockers - front fenders). Got a price quote (I was only 18 or 19) paid 1/2 up front and started getting excited about getting her fixed up. After a couple of months he wanted more money and more money.....we all know the story but this one went to the extreme. He put a mechanics lien on the car and locked it up. Summer turned to fall and me and one of my buddies (his dad owned a wrecker company) went and hooked it up and towed it to my grandparents garage. Yep - you guessed it the next week the sheriff's department came and visited me at my grandparents and impounded the car at the police department. Ended up I got the car back unfinished - sold it - and the new owner totaled it the first week that they owned it...................

The 70's were a great time to own a Z - without a doubt!

post-14147-14150827186525_thumb.jpg

post-28430-14150827224863_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if this picture upload worked - thanks for the guidance Blue. This is my skinny, mullet - head self in 1978 with my 73 240Z. I loved that car - would have never met any women without it. The poor girl rusted out from under me. I learned my lesson - my current 71 Zs are both southern rust free beauties.

Hank

Bought my first 240Z in March of 1970. Drive it for about 20 months, put 68K miles on it - sold it for $4500.00 in Dec. of 1971. {more than I paid for it}. Then bought the 72 240Z that I've always kept. Thus started my love for the Datsun 240Z, and my friendship with Paul Jaremko.!

My70Z.jpg

FWIW,

Carl

Not mine, but from my dad. There's more ( better ) pictures in his photo album, will need to look it up. He also lost track of it. I'm still trying to figure out the build date... and if it was a Dutch one or imported. It had the entire front end replaced en new paint job.

1z3mi34.jpg

eg4gzs.jpg

This should be late 70's/ early 80's somewhere..

Edited by bartsscooterservice

I was into rebuilding wrecked cars

back in the early 80's. This is my first

z. It was a 260z from sacramento.

The kid that owned it before had a sticker in the rear window that said

"im a rocker" He had run it into a telephone pole. I replaced the whole

left front side including frame rail and core support. Good new looking parts were so easy to find back then. I painted it with flashy red metallic centari. Too bad I have no before's because it was toast and should have been scrapped.

post-24552-14150827243788_thumb.jpg