IGNORED

Carter rotary pump

Reverend

Im using the stock fuel piping...

There are lots of people successfully running the stock fuel rail, but I struggled for years with fuel starvation issues on my race car. It turned out to be vapor lock caused by heat radiating from the head through the stock steel rail into the fuel. Once I ditched the stock rail, it runs like a champ for hours on end. You might want to at least isolate the rail by replacing the steel spacers with a heat resistant material that doesn't conduct as well.

I could only run 20 minutes on the track before I started having symptoms.

As always YMMV. Good luck with the triple swap. It will sound glorious!

I run the Carter pump in my race car and it works great. My installation won't really help you though. I run a surge tank to maximize the range. Before the surge tank, I could only run about 1:40 on a tank, but now I can run a full 2 hours which is our driver stint limit. I run a Facet pump to get the fuel into the surge tank and then the Carter pump to feed the engine. The Carter is fairly loud, but it is inside the car. The Facet is much louder and it's under the car.

post-7975-141508269637_thumb.jpg

post-7975-14150826963199_thumb.jpg

I put the Carter P4070 in my car (which has triple Webers) last summer as the pump I had ran too much pressure and not enough volume. I had a regulator, but I got tired of playing with it. I put in the Carter, took out the regulator, put the return line back, and it supples the 3-4 PSI rock solid all day long. It is loud, even with the insulation mounts, but that just lets me know it's running! Also, I ran a separate power line to it, which also keeps it happy and I can shut it down when I want to.

I mounted it on the outside of the car, bolted to the spare tire well...maybe a different location would have been better (i.e. quieter).

Edited by z boy mn

• 4 weeks later...

Reverend, I'm using the cheapo RX-7 inline pump for a year now with no problems feeding my triples, I have used the Holley pump you linked to, can't remember if it was the blue or the red one but it was very loud.

The RX-7 pump is rated at 4 psi continuous, I found it to be more like 3.5psi so I just opened up the regulator wide with no restrictions and everything is working well.