IGNORED

Off to ontario!

northernz

Hey Hank, Chris

Awesome! More pics would be great! I am very excited to say the least. This is the only thing getting me through this brutal winter. 120 kmh winds yesterday and I got stuck in the foot deep slush at the end of my driveway! Hank, what work are you having done?

mARK

[

Mark that is one clean car! Obviously not from the salt belt. I could only find 2-3 little spots of rust and none of it was deep.

]/QUOTE]

Yeah, she is in great shape,originally a California car and always garaged here in Edmonton.That's one reason I'm doing this, it deserves to be preserved,the other is I just love it!

Thanks for the pics!

Mark

Mark - I can see why you love your Z. My 1971 is just finishing a total resto-mod restoration - built up 2.8. 240SX 5 speed, Arizona Z Car disc brakes all around, Arizona Z Car suspension, Quaiffe posi rear end, header and exhaust from Japan, all new interior, Rota RBR 17 inch wheels, etc, etc.We.re hoping to get her done for the big Speedorama Show in Mississauga in March. Mike has found some amazing original and rare parts for me in Japan. I can't wait to get into this thing. Rest assured, Whitehead is very trustworthy and know what they are doing with these Zs.

I am in touch with another Z owner in Edmonton - he owns a red 72 and bought some original wheels off of me - Ian Salisbury, a good guy. Do you know him?

Hey Chris, I was thinking the same thing! I am going with the 2.7 l, but I have left the details to Mike. I know the head has it's new seats, so the valve size isn't changing at this point!

Hey Hank, your car sounds like it's going to be amazing! I'd love to see some pics. I am trying to stay stock looking for the most part, I will have a Quaife posi as well, but in the original rear end with the four speed, eibach springs to lower the stance a bit, but staying with the 14 inch wheels. I am getting the Fujitsubo exhaust, that thing is just art! Mike also has a model correct KMH speedo for me ( no coloured warning bands) which is quite rare. We are aiming fo May long weekend for mine to be ready. I don't know Ian, is he a member here?

Now that I think about it I remember reading about the E31 head and how well it breathes in stock form and that you would only notice the smaller valves at high rpms and wot. For a street car you are probably never going to notice. Maybe they didn't want to risk your original E31 head as they are getting harder to find in good condition.

Ready in 3 months, wow. And if your are driving her back maybe we can get some the guys out from our local club,

Ontario Z Car Club to give you a send off.

Mark - I too have the Fujitsubo exhaust on my Z - the sound is beautiful and it looks great on the car - fits perfectly. You are going to have one sweet machine there - love the colours. I don't think Ian is a member here but I know he is a member of the Z car club in Edmonton. Grannyknot - I agree - we should have a send off for Mark.

Hank

Hey Guys,

I do remember having this conversation with Mike now and he just confirmed it by email. The larger valves would be shrouded by the small combustion chamber without a lot of hours to open up each chamber. We are going with a 268 dg Comp Cam and with the street porting should flow very well and suit the Z Therapy carbs perfectly.Anything more extreme would need stiffer valve springs, making it harder on the valve train. I didn't want to sacrifice drive ability, or longevity of the engine.

It would be great to meet you all in May, as we get closer to completion I will let you know my plans. The car is stuck at White Head for the moment, too much salt and slush on the road to get to the body shop!

Mark