IGNORED

Cam's 1977 240k Sedan

Yamahacam

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really know how yahoo japan works but I bid $235 aud and gear boot was about $30. After fees and postage cost me $350. Probably could have waited for a cheaper set but my window for a friend in Japan to help was closing. The lights where wired up a bit funny and wattages of bulbs not what I wanted so I rewired and rebulbed so should be ready to plug in maybe this weekend.

Jap version came with dual filament bulbs for brake tail already fitted but wasn't wired to work as 4 tails and 4 brakes? Also bulbs for both reds are stamped different on body of light so I changed them to be all the same. Not hard at all, my main concern was about having to fit dial filament fittings, but they're already there.

Jap version came with dual filament bulbs for brake tail already fitted but wasn't wired to work as 4 tails and 4 brakes? Also bulbs for both reds are stamped different on body of light so I changed them to be all the same. Not hard at all, my main concern was about having to fit dial filament fittings, but they're already there.

So all red rings are dual filament? That's what I was wondering, bit of good news. I read somewhere that the outer rings were dual filament for park/tail lights, and inner rings were solely brake lights, just wanted to check.

Yeah both of the red rings are lit by dual filament bulbs on jap version. I just noticed on the back of the light body(white part) there are stampings for J and E(Japanese and euro? English?) bulb wattages and the J red ring bulbs are both dual standard. Bit hard to explain so have a look for your self. Stamps are the same on Jap and Aus version of lights.

• 2 weeks later...
post-28990-14150829354024_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]72712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72713[/ATTACH]Picked up my parts car on the weekend. Lots of rust but plenty of good parts. Comes with a 4 spd which I'm pretty happy about too. Has had a few parts taken off it over the years sitting at a wreckers but overall pretty complete. Hope to strip it out then sell off some parts to re-coupe some money. Maybe. Long term plan. If I do I will be sure to post parts list here first.;)