IGNORED

280Z Full Restore in 5 months, hopefully.

CG240Z

Just out of curiosity,

Your using the Xeon 280Z airdam? Im wondering what the "gap" distance between bonnet and top of the airdam is.

In your last photo, it looks like its a lot less than the standard valance panel. It should be less because its also replacing the small grille under the original bumper.

Thanks Chas

to lower it in the back try using 240z spring perches.

i lowered mine quite a bit that way.Those are my favorite wheels good choice.

The red one was lowered in the rear.

This is what it looked like after.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68212[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the advice! That's exactly what I will do.

Just out of curiosity,

Your using the Xeon 280Z airdam? Im wondering what the "gap" distance between bonnet and top of the airdam is.

In your last photo, it looks like its a lot less than the standard valance panel. It should be less because its also replacing the small grille under the original bumper.

Thanks Chas

Is is the Xeon airdam, I really like the way it looks. I don't have the exact measurement on me, but I can measure it for you. I test fitted the top grill with the 240 bumper and I don't think it looks that bad. The stock 280 bottom grill is worthless with this setup. I'm not sure if I will leave the bottom space empty or try to make some sort of grill. That is something that I will figure out once I get the lights and top grill put in and can get a better overall picture of the front end.

Keep in mind that new springs will always sit high in the rear until they settle in. It can take several months for that to happen. Personally, I would wait until then before I decided to take any drastic action to lower the rear as you may negatively impact handling.

Doug

A little more progress is being made. I'm getting the fun stuff now, I don't have more body work to do.

I ordered a bunch of stainless steel bolt kits, I laid them out so I could grab a bag when needed. These kits have already proven themselves! No more searching through my poorly labeled bag bolts for rusty bolts I have to clean. Now I have brand new bolts that are clearly labeled. Also had some help labeling all the weatherstripping bags to make finding them easier.

post-25778-14150826798012_thumb.jpg

Got my door panels back from the upholstery guy, I bought all the interior pieces from Z Car Source. I didn't realize the design was different from factory. Not many options though when buying a new interior, so I'll take it.

post-25778-1415082679874_thumb.jpg

All window chrome polished and windows cleaned with a razor blade. Glass looks brand new! A shot of my half cleaned window. Notice the '95 inspection, I'm thinking I'll keep it on their for kicks.

post-25778-14150826799383_thumb.jpg

Took the rear quarter glass apart to replace all the weather stripping. The edges were full of dirt from the old weather stripping.

post-25778-14150826800023_thumb.jpg

Lastly got the muffler installed and tucked up nicely. I put the header back exhaust on a couple of weekends ago, now it's finished up with the muffler installed. The chrome tip that came with the MSA exhaust kit stuck out way too much. Cut it in half and welded it on. I'm glad the muffler was able to be tucked in, I don't like the look of seeing half the muffler hanging out below the car. I've also been debating on whether to put the 240 rear bumper on. It has already been fitted and painted, but I'm really liking the way the rear looks without a bumper. All the holes were completely filled in before painting, so if I leave it off, everything is smooth.

post-25778-14150826800659_thumb.jpg

post-25778-14150826801072_thumb.jpg

Hopefully make more progress this weekend! This weekend my main focus is the engine and engine accessories. I want to hear this beast run!

New headlights and blinkers in. The blinkers I cleaned in the dishwasher and they came out great! I love the crystal clear headlights.

post-25778-14150826875401_thumb.jpg

The front end is looking sharp! Still need to get the grill made up.

post-25778-14150826876897_thumb.jpg

Got the fuel injection rail repainted and put in. I also re-taped the entire engine bay wiring harness, it looks much better. I hooked up the fuel injection wiring harness and some of the engine harness. It's hard to get the wires to look clean.

post-25778-14150826876254_thumb.jpg

Wire harness looks sharp, harness laying across the engine.

Had the misses in the garage helping. She did the sound dampening on the doors. Hopefully it helps some.post-25778-14150826878997_thumb.jpg

post-25778-14150826877532_thumb.jpg

She also washed all my plastic interior parts, getting them ready to be painted black.

post-25778-14150826877982_thumb.jpg

Got the cars all tucked in the garage. Starting to get some winter weather in Va.

post-25778-14150826879457_thumb.jpg

Ordered some random parts like a new aluminum radiator and chromed valve cover. Can't wait to get them in!

Hey Michael, looking at pic #3 you have the thermostat in upside down. You didn't button her up that way did you?

You know, I'm not sure. I will pop the cover off and double check. I remember looking at it and wasn't quite sure which way it went. Thanks for the catch!! Really appreciate it.

Whose Goat?

rcb is right. Topsy-turvy.

It's my dads, he's about 95% done. He did a full frame off restoration, it's be going on for about 10 years now. It will be done by spring time. 400ci 4spd, white interior.