IGNORED

Here is something every Serious Z Enthusiast should be a part of!

hls30.com

The first lap after the parade lap at Road Atlanta will go down as one of the biggest rushes I 've ever had in my life! I'm a big Greg Ira fan too, but I'll be pulling for the guy I first saw at the Esses at The Roadrace of Champions in 1970. I'll be contributing and pulling for John......Good Luck old boy......do it one more time!!!

Setting up to be a battle royal. Supporters from both camps are already trash talking. Trying to think of the most appropriate movie parody where an old timer comes back to thrash the young current champion. Must be 100 likely candidates. I am also keenly aware that the John/Greg battle is real life... Just gonna live the dream along with everyone else.

SCCA runoffs at Road America Elkhart lake Wisconsin. Sept 20-22. 2013. Nice two day drive from here. Hope to be there, God and wife willing!

PS : John will indeed need his vintage hair and those dark thick rimmed glasses he wore in the Datsun commercial. Gotta make sure I bring some.:)

• 3 weeks later...

John will be racing in the E-Production class for sure. I agree Carl, surprised there aren't more $10 contributors. Spent more than that on gum last week...

The EP final is 1:00 pm Sunday Sept 22. Consider making it a weekend of fun at the historic Elkhart Lake "Road America" circuit. I'll be there all weekend to cheer ALL the competitors on.

Full race schedule is posted here:

http://www.roadamerica.com/userfiles/file/2013%20Schedules/2013_Runoffs_WORKING_Schedule_1_30_13.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

According to the website where you make your donation, they raised over $4000. I suppose they raised more funds with other fundraising directions. So I'll have some fun with my crew shirt, and be thinking of you blokes as I enjoy my dinner.

But thanks to Mr. Stokes for bringing this up to our attention. :beer:

Edited by TomoHawk

Setting up to be a battle royal. Supporters from both camps are already trash talking. Trying to think of the most appropriate movie parody where an old timer comes back to thrash the young current champion.
It sounds like a kind of John Wayne movie... When you refer to trash-talking, do you mean here, of somewhere else? If elsewhere, can you post a link? thxZ