IGNORED

Antenna Rebuild / Restore

JLPurcell

1 hour ago, cbuczesk said:

I have that rubber part too.

Chuck

I have a good sample....

3 hours ago, cbuczesk said:

I found a really nice one. It's still very soft.

Chuck

This is the one I don't have a great sample of.  The one I have has a few groove marks on the underside from the grounding ring.

If the mast could be reproduced with the correct tip it would be a no-brainer to have at the very least 100 reproduced. What is the cost per unit? I had forgotten about the seal ring under the retainer. I hope that along with the cap Nix can reproduce this part. With the mast and the rubber parts correct restoration of an antenna for the early Z will be possible. 

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 2

For the mast, the tip and how the cord attaches on top are the only different things. The tip will fit the reproduction mast. The upper rubber and chrome cap seem hard to find in good condition. Beyond my discription I posted on replacing the cord and rebuilding the motor

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

I worked my magic and have these ready to reproduce.  One is plastic and  the other is rubber plus the small finisher nut rubber seal.

Should be about a week before I get some samples ready.

I will update once I get them finished.

antenna4.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nix240z said:

I worked my magic and have these ready to reproduce.  One is plastic and  the other is rubber plus the small finisher nut rubber seal.

Should be about a week before I get some samples ready.

I will update once I get them finished.

antenna4.jpg

I would like two complete sets, these parts along with the retainer nut cap piece. Thanks for making these available!

I will take a look at your site it has been awhile since I ordered I probably will order a couple of other pieces. 

Edited by JLPurcell