IGNORED

Rota RB Rims Fitment Question

galban

post-23182-14150823685992_thumb.jpg

I run 225/50R16 on 16x7 zero offset. They rub on all four corners. You would probably be safe with 205's.

You may find your options limited in 16's. You might consider doing 15's because that's what the Miata crowd uses. So there are more tire/wheel combinations available.

Guys you are the best thank you so much. Zbliss I really like your set up. Your rims are Rota RB hyper black in the front 16X7 +10 205/45 back 16X8 +4 225/50 .. Nice you didnt roll the body and no rubbing . Does center cap fit the front hub with no problems? Why +10 in the front?

Ksechler, are the wheels turned slightly right? Can't really tell. Looks like you could lose a little caster on the front there if they are straight. Might save a bit of rubbing on turns. Maybe the T/C bushings are shot?

I also believe the 16" tire options outnumber the 15"s in most categories. Just do a quick list of 225/50-15 and 225/50-16 on TireRack if you need proof. With every possible kind of tire checked, in 15" there are 12 results, but with 16", there are 65 results... At 205/50 15 vs 16, 23 at 15", 43 at 16"

And 225/50-16 Yoko S-drives on 16x8 +3 VTO's do NOT fit with a stock front valance rub-on-turns wise... But 215/40-16's do. Lots of choices in sizes around there to pick from to... Not a prayer in 15"

Edited by zKars

In answer to your question about the center caps...They fit with no issues clearing the dust caps on the front hubs. I'm running RBs (15") with no clearance issues on a lowered car (Eibachs) and 205/60-15 Potenzas.

Cheers, Mike

My 16X7 Panasports (not exactly sure on offset) with 225/50-16 fit without any rubbing. However, tires listed as the same size can differ quite a bit between manufacturers, so it helps to know what tire is being used. Jeff's Hankooks look pretty wide for 225s. I believe the S-Drives are wide for their size too.

Mine have 10-year-old rubber on them that will soon get replaced.

post-19146-14150823689864_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeonV
Added photo

Leon, if I had to guess, I'd say you have some positive offset. Look at where your tires sit in the fenders compared to mine.

I agree Jeff, I think it's a combo of a slight positive offset (maybe +6mm?) and slightly narrower tires (although both are spec'd 225mm). I'll have to take a wheel off and check the offset sometime.

Leon, did your wheels come from MSA? If so, they are likely +6 since MSA had custom offsets made to minimize rubbing. Mine came from a regular Panasport retailer just after MSA quit selling them, so they are zero offset. I agree that my Hankooks are possibly on the wide side with square shoulders to boot, but the whole stance looks wider on mine. It was lucky that both pictures are almost the same vantage point.

I'd really like to try the 225/45R16 tires next time to give me more front and rear clearance.