IGNORED

To stripe or not to stripe????

dltalfa

There is a product called Plasti Dip that comes in a spray can. It is made to spray onto a car, and then when you get tired of it, you peel it off. I'm not sure if they have gloss black but I know they have a flat black. Many of the flat painted cars you see these days (Including Ferraris and Maseratis) are using this product.

Yea,...but I guess you could say I was polling the public opinion.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear in my original response to your question. If you're looking for public opinion, you're going to find that opinions are like belly buttons - everyone has one. Those who have stripes on their cars will really like them a lot and those who don't have stripes probably don't have them for what they feel is a very good reason.

Like I earlier suggested, stripe just one side and live with it for a while. Most people won't realize only one side is striped. See which side you prefer after a given period of time. Then, either add a stripe to the other side or peel off the existing strip. QED

Most Zs don't have the side stripes which indicates most people prefer a Z without stripes. That doesn't mean side stripes are bad, it just means some people like them and most prefer the plain look. As an easily changed cosmetic addition, stripes shouldn't greatly alter value or observer appreciation.

Dennis

From currently "dark" (it's almost 9PM), SF Bay Area, I personally like the look of the "negative" stripe on a white car.

It's a period correct accessory item and easily removed, so you need not worry about what a "purist" might think.

My advice, since you already have a stripe, try it and see if you like it. If not, remove it. It's your car, so do what you want!

from my cold canadian basement...

I Say go with the stripes. negative or positive style, I think they both compliment the body shape.

I`ve always liked those stripes,, and it`ll help with the ``hey buddy,,nice corvette`` or `hey buddy,, nice 280zx`comments.

• 2 weeks later...