IGNORED

What are you on the look out for?

Hardway

I would agree with that statement. I guess I have $600 stuck in my mind for some reason, but likley Spruell will be recieving an order soon. I am running 16 x 7 Rewinds with Dunlop Direzza Z1 in 205 55 16...I will likely go with a 225 / 50 / 15.

Ok back on point...and thanks.

Ollie -

Be careful dumping your 16"'s - the 15's have a very limited tire selection

Montezuma: Have you tried Dean at DatsunParts.COM Inc.- Datsun Roadster Parts he has helped me with Roadster parts.

Hardway: My cousin David has a Shiro in his garage he someday will get done. We have all heard that line before, right? :)

Zedyone: I'm about to ruin your day. In a secluded building, in a tiny town close to me, I can visit about any time, there is a 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider Veloce. Ran real nice when parked, except 3rd gear, for extensive body work in mid 80's, then burned out on the project. He is still not ready to sell, but time will tell.

What I'm looking for now is a good stock carb for my 521 1600 pick up.

Bonzi Lon

Hardway: My cousin David has a Shiro in his garage he someday will get done. We have all heard that line before, right? :)

Yep, hear it all the time. I am looking for a good one that I can enjoy now and do little things it needs here and there as I drive it. I offered the owner $2K for the 267K mile one I looked at since it needed tires, headlight motor attention, an AC compressor, bushings bumper to bumper, and some interior attention. I thought it was a fair price but the owner is firm at $4K. Sad because it is just sitting in her driveway slowly rotting away.

Yep, hear it all the time. I am looking for a good one that I can enjoy now and do little things it needs here and there as I drive it. I offered the owner $2K for the 267K mile one I looked at since it needed tires, headlight motor attention, an AC compressor, bushings bumper to bumper, and some interior attention. I thought it was a fair price but the owner is firm at $4K. Sad because it is just sitting in her driveway slowly rotting away.

Offer $2500

I had thought about stepping up to $2500 but seeing that the mileage was so high $2K is really top of the mark. I really want one but I know there are some out there with half if not one third the mileage for reasonable money. Plus, I don't need one today and can be paitent in finding a good deal on one since I have my 240z keeping me busy.

It's not close to you, but it's a Shrio:

1988 300ZX SS Shiro (Z31) Turbo WTS

Thanks Ksbeta. I emailed the guy to get more info.

Edited by Hardway

In addition to my '72 240Z, I've got a '69 Volvo 1800S, but it isn't for sale. Sorry guys! :) It is waiting for me to get some money to finish the paint and put it all back together. One of these days hopefully.

You can find a lot of Volvo 1800's both coupe and wagon in the Pacific NW. They are so thick that even moderate rust that would doom a Z isn't a problem on the Volvos. There is also very good parts support (expensive though) direct from the dealer with quite a lot available. The parts that aren't available though like hoods, trunks, some smaller parts too, are REALLY hard to find. There isn't as much of an aftermarket for those as with the Z. If you want more power out of the Volvos there is a guy in NY who does a supercharger kit for them and you can get 300 reliable rear wheel hp but it is spendy. If you don't want to be that extreme, you can get 170-200 rear wheel hp NA with them, though you have to build the engine the right way. The driving position is really low on them and they have the feel of an old car whereas the Z feels modern.

Greg

post-17702-14150823408468_thumb.jpgFor all you volvo fans, my little blue one has the ES 2 liter in it with an overbore, with an Isky cam, dual SU's (the real ones), header and as stated earlier, will flat smoke a Z. There are a lot of Volvo's out this way, but few are something to persue. I do know where there is a 242 GT sitting under a tarp that one might possible get. The guy has 20 plus various volvo's and does absolutely nothing with them. Most are wagons, turbo bricks in varioius states of disarray. I too am looking for a 74 1800ES, the wagon looking one with the large rear hatch glass, banned by the boys in gov't because glass hatches were unsafe.

The blue one is a 444, in 58 they changed to a one piece front window and named it a 544. It is the winningest ralley car in history.

Edited by IdahoKidd
add photo