IGNORED

Datsuns Triumph at Mid Ohio in 2012

TomoHawk

I believe many of the teams will go to Columbus, with the higher-budget teams/drivers staying at high-end hotels downtown. Mostly because there just aren't enough hotels near the track. Nice videos BlackGoldMan. Very cool. The fastest I could ever do was about 110 MPH down the back straight a Mid-Ohio School Acura TSX.

Photos from last year:

post-23233-14150823329215_thumb.jpg

post-23233-14150823328983_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjohnson2444
Added a photo.

Does anyone have the final results from the 2012 event?

BTW- The 2BAD Challenge is for BMW, Alfa, and Datsun only, so that ought to be MUCH better to watch than all the usual Camaros, Mustangs, and Corvettes.

Edited by TomoHawk

• 3 months later...

I was looking at the schedule, and I noticed an entry called Bmw/Alfa/Datsun race, which is why it's called the BAD Challenge. Neat, huh?

I'm going down Friday morning and be there about 8am. I'll see whoever is there.

Eric Pickering 510
ericp71.510.jpg

This past Friday evening I stayed in a tent at Mid Ohio , a bit of a beer party till the sheriff drive through at 1030 then all was quiet
as they park at the gate all night.
All I was missing was a cup of coffee, but at 6am in the woods at turn 10 a mini pulled up and made me a cup with French press. Edited by black gold man

Joined the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Cub in 1963. The track came later, but it was the first road course I ever drove on. Had a 1959 Corvette then - aka "the plastic pig". Great group of people... Monthly meetings at the German Club of Mansfield's Beer Hall.

Carl B.

The name does sound familar - Robby I think.. The Club had a fairly large and very active membership. Around 1967 I joined the "Classic Thunderbird Club" in Columbus, Ohio. Another great group of people, but far more reserved. LOL

My Ashland High School 50th Class Reunion is this Fall - if I make it back there - it would be the first time since the late 60's.

How time flies..

Carl B.

It would really be something if we could get "everybody" to MidOhio this year. Actually, 2010 was the year when they had Datsun as the featured marque, but having the BAD challenge is kinda special too. Maybe John Morton will be there; I didn't have a good autograph book in 2010.