IGNORED

17 months later, my restoration is done

ollie

Thanks all...Carl, the grease smear on the block, once hot tanked, the L26 was a dead give away...anyway I went ahead with the build, the motor was in great shape, cylinder walls etc. If I can recall it has a ground crank, e31 head ported and polished, 280 valves, new rings, Stahl header matched to the head, mild to mid Shadbolt cam grind, new bearings, timing set, turbo oil pump, all emissions are gone, the carbs are new old stock, cost a small fortune, but are simply beautiful (thanks Norm). I have about 20 minutes run time on it now, and it is smooth, and will be fully tuned this weekend, my timing light broke and I am pretty useless at tuning SU's to date...it has been 28 years since my last Z.

If anyone in the area (Vancouver, BC) is looking at body work, I would be more than happy to connect them with the guy who did the work, he is on Vancouver Island and has done a 68 Charger, and numerous 442's for a friend. He can only do things one way though, so he is not for everyone.

Nice work! May I ask where you got all of your plated hose clamps?

Most, if not all, my plating was done locally by Norm Murphy, and it was primarily my original hardware replated. I think I needed a few other small fuel line clamps but 2 of which are not yet plated, I will have those done just becasue I can't stop myself.

Thanks to all, I appreceiate it.